PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 08:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PALM PRE
Carrier: VERIZON

gurrumino is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint PRO/DIAMOND on Verizon (This time the HARD WAY)

hello everyone

I'm trying to activate my HTC diamond from sprint to my verizon number... my current phone in verizon is LG VX9100 ("eNV2")...

I used CDMA workshop to fix the ME*D of my diamond, making it exactly the same as my current verizon phone. Of course i changed the SPL to 000000... and loaded verizon PRL... that's pretty much what i did... the phone already has a custom ROM (MIGHTY)

After that i dialed *228 and and selected option #1 for programming... i did this because the phone wasn't making/receiving any calls ... so, after that the phone started to receive calls, but then i noticed that i still can't make any calls from my diamond... a voice message from verizon keeps telling me that my phone couldn't be athenticated or something like that.

i've been reading a lot about the "A-KEY"... but i'm quite confused. How i'm supposed to find that key?. CDMA workshop has a calculator that gives me the A-KEY based on the MEID/ESN i provide (i'm using the donor MEID-LG phone)... the problem is that the calculator is designed for "verizon prepay"... when i dial ##778# on my diamond EPST has an option to add/edit the A-KEY, but it asks for a 26 digit code. The CDMA WORKSHOP calculator gives me a 20 digit code (dec) or a 16 digit one (HEX). wtf?

and then, i have this whole topic about the DMU keys... this time i really don't have a clue how this is supposed to work. First, the only software i'm using is CDMA workshop. should i worry about this keys?.

HA AAA KEYS... what are these?... i have no idea how i'm going to set my evdo 3g access to work... :S

I'd love to have some help about what settings are important to look for... where/how to get them... I'm totally lost right now :S

P.D: sorry that i posted this info in the touch pro forum, i just like this forum better. the settings should be the exactly the same. right?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by gurrumino; 05-17-2009 at 02:24 AM. Reason: SPELL ISSUES :P
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff
Re: sprint Pro/diamond on verizon (this time the hard way)

First off, altering the MEID in the phone is illegal. In addition, the Env2 and Touch Pro(PDAs in general) use a different AAA profile so I am not sure how successful you will be as far as data. You'll need to call tech support about the authentication issue, most likely the switch is not trying to authenticate the phone because the phone changed without the ESN changing so the switch is not trying to authenticate the new phone since it believes it's ok since there has been no change. You *might* need a new AKEY, also only available thru tech support. I'll not go into the DMU/HA keys, but suffice it to say that they are required or data to work. I cannot stress enough that you need to change the MEID back and activate it the normal way. If you are worried about it not being loaded in the DMD it can be done, and it would be legal. You just need to call tech support until you get someone that knows how and will do it.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:06 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

AceXMachine, your reply is really interesting.

specially the part about the EVDO 3g access... I just solved the problem with the A-KEY deactivating the MEID and leaving only an ESN from my really old LG vx8300... so now i can make/receive calls

the only problem left, of course i knew i was going to face it: 3G EVDO internet access... so, in your opinion this "spoof" that i did makes totally impossible to make it work as the original ESN belongs to a different "kind" of cell phone/PDA?.

i'm esceptic with that... i feel that it's possible to connect my diamond to the internet by using the 1X network... i read somewhere in the past that by doing so, my AAA keys and stuff would be automatically written to the phone.... do you have any idea on how to make the 1X internet to work?

maybe i'm just totally wrong. But would be nice if someone can give a clue where to start or what to look for...

i tried MANY times (days, weeks...) to convince the verizon support representatives to add the original MEID of my diamond to their database. It was a CLEAN meid from sprint, they never wanted to do it... so this MEID fix that i did is waaay faster.

Last edited by gurrumino; 05-17-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurrumino View Post
AceXMachine, your reply is really interesting.

specially the part about the EVDO 3g access... I just solved the problem with the A-KEY deactivating the MEID and leaving only an ESN from my really old LG vx8300... so now i can make/receive calls

the only problem left, of course i knew i was going to face it: 3G EVDO internet access... so, in your opinion this "spoof" that i did makes totally impossible to make it work as the original ESN belongs to a different "kind" of cell phone/PDA?.

i'm esceptic with that... i feel that it's possible to connect my diamond to the internet by using the 1X network... i read somewhere in the past that by doing so, my AAA keys and stuff would be automatically written to the phone.... do you have any idea on how to make the 1X internet to work?

maybe i'm just totally wrong. But would be nice if someone can give a clue where to start or what to look for...

i tried MANY times (days, weeks...) to convince the verizon support representatives to add the original MEID of my diamond to their database. It was a CLEAN meid from sprint, they never wanted to do it... so this MEID fix that i did is waaay faster.
Since my last post I have become more familiar with CDMA workshop and what it can/can't do. That being said, I am no longer skeptical or surprised that you were able to get voice working.

As far as data, I only said that I did not know how successful you would/could be, not that it is impossible (that I don't know). You can force 1x connection by going somewhere where only 1x is available or that has such poor evdo coverage that your phone will revert to 1x. You can also do it through EPST under Modem Settings by either setting Preferred Mode to CDMA only or by changing HDR Hybrid Preferred to Disable....or both...can't remember.

While that will take care of your HA/AAA keys, it will not fix the DMU key. Since no ESN change was done in the switch I do not know how that will be resolved.

Check your PMs
Old 05-17-2009, 03:10 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: Sprint PRO/DIAMOND on Verizon (This time the HARD WAY)

AceXMachine, thank you so much for that P.M.

look, this thread is created by someone who did exactly what i did... looks like it is possible to get this thing working

right now i'm overwhelmed by so many information... first i have to digest everything, and then i'll continue to update this post....
Old 05-17-2009, 03:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
AceXMachine, thank you so much for that P.M.

look, this thread is created by someone who did exactly what i did... looks like it is possible to get this thing working

right now i'm overwhelmed by so many information... first i have to digest everything, and then i'll continue to update this post....
Yes, but notice that he cloned a i730...which is another PDA. Not saying it isn't possible, just more trouble than it is worth in my opinion. Definately something that I am not interested in testing for myself.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:47 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

For now all i want to do is connect my phone to the internet using the 1X network. That's all i want....

but i can't find the DMU 10.key anywhere...

P.D: i have vcast vpack as my internet service, do you think that complicates this issue?....
Old 05-17-2009, 09:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
For now all i want to do is connect my phone to the internet using the 1X network. That's all i want....

but i can't find the DMU 10.key anywhere...
here you go

~John
Attached Files
File Type: zip 10.zip (254 Bytes, 37 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-17-2009, 06:43 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

thanks jmorton10 for the file

i extracted the same file from my env2 with QPST...

and immediately after putting it on my diamond, some system options under Phone services - like roaming options and stuff: changed... well nothing relevant. It was just weird.

here's something that really catched my attention: The DATA pkt string for my old eNV2 is not #777 as every windows mobile phone/PDA... it is just #77

that confirms what AceXMachine said about the differences in my diamond (PDA) and a "normal" phone (my env2).... this is getting interesting

P.D: i added a vcast vpack to my plan so i have "unlimited" internet access.... my plan with verizon is kind of old, so it didn't have any data plan before...
Old 05-18-2009, 03:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I don't understand...

Every PDA phone dials a connection with username and password.... to the numer #777 (3x7)....

"regular" phones like the LG 9100 (eNv2)... they just have their username (*@vzw3g.com) and they just dial #77 (2x7) and that's it? they get the internet connection?... "regular" phones unlike PDAs don't have any "network connection" or "modem connection" that has to be dialed before connecting.

I'm (as usual) quite confused right now. :P

Hopefully someone can explain what are the differences....

I haven't been able to connect my diamond to the internet. Not even with 1X.... Maybe the phone profile differences are just too big to make my diamond fit and work.

Last edited by gurrumino; 05-18-2009 at 03:22 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro