PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Warranty phone was junk

I called Sprint directly to get a warranty replacement just 2 weeks ago and got a brand new phone replacement. The trick was to get to the advance tech support department. Of course my phone did have issue and was attempted repairing at the Sprint corp. repair center. I had TEP and Sero but the phone was bought at Bestbuy last year. She was nice and told me over the phone that she ordered me a new replacement and it did come as promised.

Jeff
Old 05-19-2009, 10:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ian3047 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Warranty phone was junk

Well if I had TEP it's not an issue for the new one I have been told over and over. But over the years I've never had refurb issues.

So now I got a third that was pretty decent. Got it to the point to activate and it wouldn't not online even. Called in and spoke to overseas who told me the phone was stolen and I will have to pay for it. I explained how they sent to me and she didn't understand. I asked to speak to the department to shut my phone off if they won't activate this phone. 27 mins later she came back on and said they won't pick up. So I hung up.

Called back got the retentions department, mainly because I had it with them and they actually get stuff done. So he was friendly and said he guaranteed to fix this right now and tonight. So I was on hold for 5 mins while he checked into it. Then came on and said the phone they sent it is attached to another account and they cannot use it. Next thing I know I hear a guy talking over him and the first guy was just gone. This guy from tech support says he would get one out to me. A "good one" this time. He said it's from tech support and he's waiving the phone fee. Not sure what that all meant but he said no more insurance company phones. Also dropped me a good sized credit. Only thing he said is he can't overnight anything so it would be two days.
So now I wait again.....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro