PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Jerky Screen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68283)

xtcx86 05-11-2009 08:01 PM

Jerky Screen

Hey everyone,

I just had a question...I flashed my phone to a new rom...and now my screen is all "jittery"....I don't know how to really explain it...but it's just...the screen seems to have Video/graphics problems....does this happen to anyone else...

a better example would be like if i'm scrolling my programs list...the screen gets all scrambled and like half the page is cut off...I hope this explanation is clear enough....

Is there a way to fix this? It's really annoying because I don't know what to do...

any help would greatly be appreciated!

razorloves 05-11-2009 08:15 PM

Re: Jerky Screen

that's odd.
what rom did you flash?

havox22 05-11-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtcx86 (Post 909322)
Hey everyone,

I just had a question...I flashed my phone to a new rom...and now my screen is all "jittery"....I don't know how to really explain it...but it's just...the screen seems to have Video/graphics problems....does this happen to anyone else...

a better example would be like if i'm scrolling my programs list...the screen gets all scrambled and like half the page is cut off...I hope this explanation is clear enough....

Is there a way to fix this? It's really annoying because I don't know what to do...

any help would greatly be appreciated!

did u hard-reset after u flashed??

razorloves 05-11-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havox22 (Post 909377)
did u hard-reset after u flashed??

+1 to that.
You should always do a hard reset after flashing a rom.

kernel610 05-11-2009 10:27 PM

Let me know if the hard reset works because I flashed to Might 4Reborn and I'm having the same problem. I'm hoping its not my TP. The screen kind of flickers. Its not really noticable on the main TF3D screen, but when you bring up the camera and pictures is when you notice it the most. Is this the same problem you are having?

havox22 05-11-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kernel610 (Post 909599)
Let me know if the hard reset works because I flashed to Might 4Reborn and I'm having the same problem. I'm hoping its not my TP. The screen kind of flickers. Its not really noticable on the main TF3D screen, but when you bring up the camera and pictures is when you notice it the most. Is this the same problem you are having?

you should always hard reset after a flash because there are things that are left over in the ram that can make your phone wacky...not saying its gonna fix this problem cuz i havent used that rom

xtcx86 05-11-2009 11:01 PM

I did not hard reset...I didn't know you had to do that...let me try to hard reset and see if it fixes it! =) hopefully it works.

xtcx86 05-11-2009 11:19 PM

I just performed a hard reset and the problem is still persisting. The screen seems to mis-align itself when scrolling through tf3d tabs...and when scrolling through any page...whether it be programs...settings...websites...contacts...anytim e u scroll...this happens...=/

I flashed to "Merdins" rom but I am pretty sure it's not the ROM because this problem also happens when I flashed with other roms.

itouch24 05-11-2009 11:34 PM

i had the same issue..like half the screen would get stuck but the other half scrolls.. i thought it was rom related but i flashed back to default sprint rom n same issue... but just didnt notice as often.. i was able to duplicate now on demand and went to sprint store n they said i needed a new phone.. and that was that.. thank god for insurance.. if u dont have insurance, u are in luck..4 the month of may u can add it no matter how long u have had your phone !

xtcx86 05-13-2009 03:00 PM

so does anyone have a fix for this?!