PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn
Threadstarter

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 4.8 mbps!!!! Not on TOUCH PRO though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
It's not, Rev A cannot exceed 3.1 megabits burst, so results showing anything higher than that (regardless of circumstance) are naturally false. It'd be like a 56k modem showing 1.5Mb on a speedtest: might happen, but obviously not accurate.
This is true. While I was running the test the phone was on EV.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:08 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Hey Killa , u got a cool name man, as to the results u got , there is no way as of now. 100kb on your TP isnt good man, is your signal good where u at? at best I get 1.2 mb or 1.4 mbps. My average is probably 800 or so kb where i am at
Old 05-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Im always switching from EV to rA. Im going to try some tweaks I saw on this forum. (need to look for them.) I think a program I saw was called TCPtune or something like that. And thanks I just came up with that name. I like it ha ha
Old 05-06-2009, 01:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillAByteZ View Post
This is true. While I was running the test the phone was on EV.
With EV-DO being capped at what... 2Mb, I think proxy server is a pretty good bet.

Just tested again and it showed me 10.84, which is 1.36 megabytes a second... over the air... in rural Montana? Haha, NO.

Edit - I wish though, ditch the cable in a heartbeat...

Last edited by Rourke Swift; 05-06-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
With EV-DO being capped at what... 2Mb, I think proxy server is a pretty good bet.

Just tested again and it showed me 10.84, which is 1.36 megabytes a second... over the air... in rural Montana? Haha, NO.

Edit - I wish though, ditch the cable in a heartbeat...
ha ha that would be so awesome and I'd be saving $50 right there. so then this MOBILESPEEDTEST.com is just throwing out there numbers. On my PC i usually check my speed using SPEESTEST.NET which also happens to have an app for the IPHONE. I wonder if we'll ever get a speed test app.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:33 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

It's known that the download can, and often will be cached if it is repeated... on the successive downloads you'll see huge speeds - it's just loading from the cache... it's pretty normal, but makes you feel good. You can go brag about it to people who don't know any better (aka 99% of iPhone owners )
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
It's known that the download can, and often will be cached if it is repeated... on the successive downloads you'll see huge speeds - it's just loading from the cache... it's pretty normal, but makes you feel good. You can go brag about it to people who don't know any better (aka 99% of iPhone owners )
I'm gonna screenshot my 10.84Mb and use it for my sig I think... :P
Old 05-06-2009, 01:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
I'm gonna screenshot my 10.84Mb and use it for my sig I think... :P

ha ha!! And I'll post my 100 kbps! Thanks to everyone for all your answers. Now it starting to make a lot more sense.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:36 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: touch pro, diamond
Carrier: Sprint

cndm101 is keeping up the good workcndm101 is keeping up the good work

i went to speedtest.net on my buddys rumor and it was a rediculous number too. i though the same thing.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

lblacklol is a n00b

Just as a sidenote, the test in my signature was tethered and repeated with consistant results, clearing cache between each test. Now obviously I took the highest of the 4 or 5 I ran, but they were all within 100 or 200k of each other. I'm confident that's pretty accurate as I can get download speeds of over 250KB/sec if I have full EV bars.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro