PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Non YEt

Craigor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro On verizon

Im kinda stuck with Verizon and would like to get a great phone. (already Screwed)

being that I can mod the HtC touch pro is it a good option considering the carrier and how hard is it to do?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Re: Touch Pro On verizon

you may want to hit cdma upgrades forum and flash a rom
if I understand what you want to do correctly. If not can you clarify the post was a bit difficult to understand
Old 04-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Non YEt
Threadstarter

Craigor is a n00b

Is the touch pro on Verizon A good phone?
From the reviews I have read Verizon removed features from there version of the touch pro.
My question is can you put them back and unlock Gps and such and how hard is it ? What i mean is it worth the effort ?
Old 04-23-2009, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ADR6300
Carrier: Big Red

vernox701 is keeping up the good workvernox701 is keeping up the good work

The phone is cool except if you want FM radio then its a no go. The Gps has been hacked, but easy to fix. I use the ssk roms because they seem to work the best when you first start customizing. Warning after you read up and do your first flash, flashing itself is very addictive if you already have the device then flashing a custom rom is very well worth it. The 6.5 roms are pretty new but I think more functional but ssk 6.1 roms are pretty close to stock but you will like using your phone Check out http://www.sskusers.com/ just read up on the sticky's and you will be ok people help out as long as you ask your question right
Old 04-23-2009, 09:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(XV6850)

apoirier594 is becoming a great contributor

I have the Touch Pro for Verizon, I have the stock rom I dont need to flash or i dont wanna, but a lot of ppl do it and say it makes it nicer. Yea they locked the GPS to only work with VZ navigator but there are threads with files to fix it here on ppcgeeks. Its a good phone I got mine last friday so I still dont know everything about it
Old 04-23-2009, 09:59 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

I suggest highly the MIGHTYROM 5 just released. lordshadowz has a great guide on it. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=9629
Old 04-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i agree with the rest of the input. if you want to really enjoy the phone imo you need a custom rom. the ssk roms and bored's roms were designed on the verizon touch pro so those would probably be your best bet. for the gps fix, click the link in my sig.

good luck and make sure you read before doing anything!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850

devildog9999 is a n00b

My XV6800 finally died, and I got a new TP - and I am IN LOVE! I have not even flashed it yet - but have read until my eyes bled! I don't post a lot, but I do read, and search a lot. This phone has a lot of potential & I cannot wait to see what comes out next! I did love my Tytan - but this phone is blowing me away! Maybe tomorrow I will play with it a bit. lol!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog9999 View Post
My XV6800 finally died, and I got a new TP - and I am IN LOVE! I have not even flashed it yet - but have read until my eyes bled! I don't post a lot, but I do read, and search a lot. This phone has a lot of potential & I cannot wait to see what comes out next! I did love my Tytan - but this phone is blowing me away! Maybe tomorrow I will play with it a bit. lol!!!
congrats man, welcome to the club!
Old 04-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Larry Dallas is a n00b

I really wanted the Verizon plan, since I have to go to Canada a lot and really liked service plan options for calling to and from there as well as having data connectivity there, so I bought the Verizon TP. When I first got it I was severely dissapointed with how slow it was, I had a serious case of buyer's remorse. But after I downloaded a kitchen and flashed a custom rom, the difference was night and day, it's now a joy to use and super fast, I unlocked the gps, as well. With a Verizon TP, a rom flash is absolutely essential.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro