PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Get the MSL for any Sprint phone using your WM phone.

Ok, Since there are a lot of new phones that use the MEID instead of traditional ESN's, the older GetSPC doesn't really work... Well it does, but you need the pESN in order to do it. So here it is...

An MEID 14 hex digits. The MEID was created to replace ESNs, which are nearing exhaustion. For compatibility, devices with an MEID can use a pseudo ESN (pESN), which is a manufacturer code of 0x80 (formerly reserved) followed by the least significant 24 bits of the SHA-1 hash of the MEID. It is 8 digit hex numbers long. (This was taken from en.wikipedia.org)

Since robj19 Didn't know what a MSL is, I figure I should explain that too. MSL Stands for Master Subsidary Lock. It is also known as SPC (service programming code). Say you want to tweek the DATA on your Sprint phone for the best speed where ever you go in the us, juet hit ##data#, then select edit. You phone will ask for the "Unlock Code". Mine is 340312, but it is dofferent for every sprint phone. Then Change the Primary and Secondary Home Agent to 255.255.255.255. Your phone will then automatically use the one closest to you, and you will get less latency and better speed.

So, if you already have a 8 digit hex, then you have a phone that uses ESN's and you are good to just use GetSPC, and enter it with all the letters in CAPS. If it is not in CAPS it will generate a bogus MSL. If your phone Says MEID, or the ESN is 14 Hex digits, the you need to open the PocketMeidConverter to generate the pESN to use for GetSPC. Use that and make sure you Capitalize the Letters.

I tested this with my Touch Pro's MEID, and it worked to get my MSL.

Just extract SPC.zip to your phone, or storage card on your phone and run it there. Might even work on a Windows Moble Emulator, but I havent tested it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SPC.zip (69.7 KB, 606 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by jaminmc; 04-20-2009 at 05:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Get the MSL for any Sprint phone using your WM phone.

I think I speak for a lot of people in this forum when I say....

WHAT????

Don't just say THANKS click it!

Old 04-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This could be useful to alot of people. I personally just used CDMA Workshop and then changed it to 000000 using QPST but this is an alternative to those who don't have access to something like that
Old 04-20-2009, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
This could be useful to alot of people. I personally just used CDMA Workshop and then changed it to 000000 using QPST but this is an alternative to those who don't have access to something like that
Changing it to 000000 is good for reprogramming a phone to another carrier, but not if you keep it on sprint. If you change it, ten you can't update the profile, or prl through Sprint. This is a good solution for being somewhere without a computer and having to enter the programing mode of a sprint phone. Like a friend of mine that was having problems with her vision(Internet).
Old 04-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Really? why would the MSL effect the ability to update data and PRL?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
Really? why would the MSL effect the ability to update data and PRL?
I've changed it on another phone, and Sprint couldn't update my PRL (Good thing because I put Verizon higher than Altel in voice for roaming because Altel was just as bad as sprint where I lived). The vision profile update didnt work either.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: boost

Isriam is keeping up the good workIsriam is keeping up the good work

Is this only for Sprint? Is it an algorithm that sprint uses to get a MSL off the MEID/ESN of the device? This would come in handy for a lot of people who flash phones to cricket or metroPCS.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isriam View Post
Is this only for Sprint? Is it an algorithm that sprint uses to get a MSL off the MEID/ESN of the device? This would come in handy for a lot of people who flash phones to cricket or metroPCS.
This gets the MSL for Sprint devices. You will need CDMA Workshop, or some other tool to reset it to 000000 to add it to another carrier easier.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I set mine to 000000 when I switched it from Sprint to Verizon service. You can change it in QPST.

~John
Old 04-22-2009, 12:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

bafs get spc FTW, just install, click the button and enjoy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro