PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Tethering Issues (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63932)

dzags 04-06-2009 07:46 PM

Tethering Issues

So a while ago I tried tethering and it worked perfect. Unfortunately now when I attempt to do it its not working at all. Am I missing a step? I thought all I need to do is hookup via usb and go to internet sharing. I'm using MightyRom 4.16. When I go to internet sharing should I set it as Data or phone as modem? And it seems to not take the USB connection. I know I'm doing something wrong, and I've tried searching but to no avail... any help?

eenieMINI 04-06-2009 11:30 PM

Re: Tethering Issues

Be sure you've connected via activesync or windowsmobiledevicecenter first... then do the internet sharing.

tech 04-07-2009 12:06 AM

try connecting it first before u connect the usb it works for me like that hope it works

dzags 04-07-2009 06:18 AM

I tried connecting internet sharing before plugging in the USB and it still says check USB cable connection.

karate134 04-07-2009 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzags (Post 829142)
So a while ago I tried tethering and it worked perfect. Unfortunately now when I attempt to do it its not working at all. Am I missing a step? I thought all I need to do is hookup via usb and go to internet sharing. I'm using MightyRom 4.16. When I go to internet sharing should I set it as Data or phone as modem? And it seems to not take the USB connection. I know I'm doing something wrong, and I've tried searching but to no avail... any help?

I'm in a similiar boat.
People will either tell you to make sure you got active sync or wmdc going, or they will say, make sure you got the internet fix cab going on. And some might say, make sure you got IE running on your phone first.

I have both and have tried the IE, but the internet sharing prog has "connect" greyed out.

dzags 04-07-2009 10:09 AM

Mine lets me connect but it seems the problem is the usb connection. I've tried two different USB cords and neither works, it still says "Check USB connection". Anyone know the problem?

mastergadgets 04-07-2009 10:20 AM

I'm using the Alltel stock ROM and I use internet sharing all the time.
First conncet the USB cable. Active Sync[XP] or Windows Mobile Device Center [Vista] will try to connect. You have to immediately stop that connection. Then start the internet sharing.
You can't have syncing and internet sharing going at the same time, they conflict.
If you still have trouble, you may have a bad cable.

vzihome 04-07-2009 10:26 AM

i have the same problem looked around no answer. running mighty 4.16. Best rom ever btw. Tried tethering hack manually, three different kinds of cabs, no luck connect button greyed out. tried different rom juggalos i believe with one of the cabs first worked then manually also worked. Any fix for this? have touch pro running mighty 4.16, radio 1.11 on sprint.

edit: only difference i could see was the dll file that we are supposed to delete(extension)is not the same on the might rom it shows oemagw.dll...cant remember the name of the file that the hack mentions.

karate134 04-07-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vzihome (Post 830387)
i have the same problem looked around no answer. running mighty 4.16. Best rom ever btw. Tried tethering hack manually, three different kinds of cabs, no luck connect button greyed out. tried different rom juggalos i believe with one of the cabs first worked then manually also worked. Any fix for this? have touch pro running mighty 4.16, radio 1.11 on sprint.

edit: only difference i could see was the dll file that we are supposed to delete(extension)is not the same on the might rom it shows oemagw.dll...cant remember the name of the file that the hack mentions.

Well this makes me happy. That means Im not the only one with a greyed out connect on the internet sharing program that's on mighty rom. I wonder if it's the ROM or what. But others are somehow making it work. If you find out, let me know please.
I really don't want to use PDAnet or the wifi router prog.

ace741 04-07-2009 10:53 AM

You guys try a different computer for the heck of it?