PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)
Threadstarter

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bandwidth speed test with sprint EVDO(post yours). Internet speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Here's a site i use for mobile speed tests. What's nice about this one, is that is lets you test your upload speed also. http://performance.toast.net/ I've used it with both pie, iris 1.16, and opera 8.65 on my Touch Pro. Lots of options, like being able to choose the file to upload, and which server you'd like to use, etc..
dschoenike
I tried that site - looked very nice just what i needed i thought, so i tested it with my home machine. Chose Host Rocket as a server(one of 2 NY hosts closest to me) and blue angels(biggest), ran 3 times and got
1) 4123
2) 3145
3) 5209
( i am on 8mbit line)
Does not seem to be quite reliable not sure why

When you can tether for free?: D
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)
Threadstarter

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

lol just ran f-16 test on EVDO on host rocket and got 4127
Old 04-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
I tried that site - looked very nice just what i needed i thought, so i tested it with my home machine. Chose Host Rocket as a server(one of 2 NY hosts closest to me) and blue angels(biggest), ran 3 times and got
1) 4123
2) 3145
3) 5209
( i am on 8mbit line)
Does not seem to be quite reliable not sure why
Hmmm, interesting. I gotta admit, i've never tried it on my desktop/laptop. Only have used it on my mobile devices, mogul and now Touch Pro. The results i've gotten have always been comparable to being teathered. Guess i always liked the upload test feature. Hard to come by for mobile testing.
dschoenike

Old 04-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
lol just ran f-16 test on EVDO on host rocket and got 4127
I just ran the same test as you, and got 912 on my evdo connection with 3 bars. Results may vary i guess Thanks for sharing your results.
dschoenike
Old 04-05-2009, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cal_j is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to cal_j Send a message via MSN to cal_j

Edit: Using Stock Sprint Rom.

Last edited by cal_j; 04-05-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

On mobilespeedtest.com I get random speeds when using any file smaller than 1 meg. the 3 meg option is broken. my speeds using the 1 meg file are odd to say the least.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro

SharpTJ is a n00b

I'm at 1.83Mbps and 2.06Mbps on mobilespeedtest.com and 1013Kbps on the other site ... pretty good for EVDO if it is reliable ... all test run with 1 MB files ...
Old 04-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

for the best results on mobile speed test, make sure you guys use IE. for some reason with opera you never get the correct results or it doesn't even finish.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint sero

texasez is keeping up the good worktexasez is keeping up the good work

I get 30-80 on 1xrtt in the Techno wilderness in the Texas Panhandle and as far south as Abilene, Tx. Customer service has called me twice in the last month asking how I feel about Sprint service. The reps don't know crap about internet service but will not believe that we do not have EVDO in a town of 200,000 people. Alltel and Att both have 3g speeds but we cannot roam on Alltel. The last rep said we should have 3 or 4g speeds soon. I will believe that Texas Tech will win a national championship in ice hockey before Sprint is competitive in service here.
Larry
Old 04-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My speed test is in my sig as well

2.56Mb/s Down
0.24Mb/s Up
124ms Ping

MobileSpeedTest

Last edited by Darkjedi; 04-08-2009 at 08:39 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro