PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: best HTC Touch Pro backup software?

been using pim backup but i am leaning towards my phone in the future
Old 04-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I used SPB on my 800W with great success. With the Touch Pro it never worked properly. I then went to Sprite Backup (paid) and have had no problems at all. My concern about using a "cloud" solution or one that does it via the Net is what if I am in a no service area - outta luck.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC View Post
I used SPB on my 800W with great success. With the Touch Pro it never worked properly. I then went to Sprite Backup (paid) and have had no problems at all.
That's the same experience I had, SPB worked great in my Titan's but restores consistently failed in my TouchPro's.

Sprite on the other hand works perfectly.

~John
Old 04-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

molitar is keeping up the good workmolitar is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowMaster View Post
Whacha talking about Resco backs up everything just like SPB and Sprite. I use dem all..plus Resco will let you update your last back up, so u talking about two minutes or so BU..LATER
I have done a full backup minus the storage card with Resco.. and when I do a full restore.. all the favorite programs on the favorites tab.. and the favorite contacts on the favorite tabs are not restored. (Touchflo Tabs I'm talking about). I'm wanting a software that backs them up and restores them it's a pain to reset up almost 21 favorite program in the programs tab.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Wasney is keeping up the good workWasney is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
I have done a full backup minus the storage card with Resco.. and when I do a full restore.. all the favorite programs on the favorites tab.. and the favorite contacts on the favorite tabs are not restored. (Touchflo Tabs I'm talking about). I'm wanting a software that backs them up and restores them it's a pain to reset up almost 21 favorite program in the programs tab.

Both SPB and Sprite can do this. They are not free, but well worth it. I had a boat load of trouble with SPB, and like most people here, switched over to Sprite, and love it.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

molitar is keeping up the good workmolitar is keeping up the good work

Trying out Sprite now.. Many of you recommend it.. I liked how I could backup to the PC and not waste my storage room for the backup. Nice feature.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:59 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Trying out Sprite now.. Many of you recommend it.. I liked how I could backup to the PC and not waste my storage room for the backup. Nice feature.
Yea, Sprite really is awesome.

My backup files are pretty big as I have so much stuff installed in my phone & a good bit of it is installed to main memory (my BU files are close to 200 MB)

I have it set to automatically write directly to a folder named "backup" on my 16 gig card. I have a half dozen stored backups in there most of the time.

Right now, there is a BU image from 3/19/09 that I know works perfectly as I have restored it four times. I have 3-4 more current BU's in their also, but I won't delete that one as I know 100% that it restores properly. If I need to do a restore at this point, I would pick the most recent one first but if for some reason it didn't restore perfectly I know I have the BU from 3/19 sitting there as insurance that I know 100% will work.

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 04-02-2009 at 08:04 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

My backup file is 42.1mb and is done each evening by Sprite at about 10p - 6 are kept.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

SPB Back Up 2.0 works well and I can back it up while connected to Activsync to save a copy on my PC.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:00 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB33 View Post
SPB Back Up 2.0 works well and I can back it up while connected to Activsync to save a copy on my PC.
How many actual restores have you done to a TouchPro from SPB??

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro