PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothJuice View Post
Hey thanks 8notime that worked perfectly.

One other thing I was checking out my picture messaging features and those don't seem to be working correctly. I'm not able to send or recieve any pics without doing it by email and my data is working fine. I guess since I have a verizonized Sprint TP what are my options outside of the sprint picture mail since I can't use that?. Do I have to flash to the verizon ROM? use a 3rd party program? (don't know if that's possible just throwing it out there tho)

Also, can I remove the Sprint banner from the today screen? I know this should be possible just haven't seen many posts or threads on it unless I just missed it..
If you have the Verizon MMS cab installed, you probably don't have your account provisioned for picture messaging. It happened with me before. Dial *611 and go through the options to add a feature to your account and tell them that the picture messaging flag on your account was not properly provisioned. Took me about 5 mins when I had to do it after I switched plans one time.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsurfer View Post
Has anyone who successfully had their Sprint TP added to the DMD noticed that "My Account" now shows no phone type and a generic image?

It appears that some of the phones previously added to the DMD are being removed.
If that's the case then don't deactivate your phone for any reason
Old 07-06-2009, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

michaelbrandonw is a n00b

Alright fellow geeks... I give up. I do not want to mess with this badboy any longer. I have (I believe) tried everything with no data luck. I do want to thank all that have contributed to this thread and helped via PM. I guess I just must be missing something. That being said... I will be posting a sale this weekend on this site. My Sprint branded TP 100% added to VZW's DMD and is even listed and pictured as a TP on-line at My Account. I have de-activated/ re-activated it numerous times with an issue. Please feel free to PM. Thanks again.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: THE BIG RED

skruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Personally, I would flash to one of the Mighty ROM's and then install the MMS in post #9 from the thread below. I don't think the Picture Mail app in the stock Sprint ROM will work with Verizon's MMS.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=arcsoft
I would flash to mighty rom and he has a mms on his page that i have been using for month now and it work of most roms (i have flashed menny roms now)
link to MR5 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52695
and in post 5 that is where his
Verizon:
Verizon ARCSoft MMS 5.0.69.44
Old 07-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

SmoothJuice is just getting started

Alright I'll try those things. It's getting a little funny, now it seems like I can send but can't receive which is real strange but I'm still working on it. I'm planning on flashing a silence rom soon and then reinstalling the cab to see if that helps.

Speaking of flashing and such (I'm still feel relatively new at all this) what are some things I should be aware of before I flash? I read the thread about how-to unlock and flash your TP but it didn't give me very many cautions. I know that I'll have to back up my contacts, but what about programs? or pics and videos? I also read something that I should hard reset before and after to purge any remnants from the last rom? REAL hesitant about that part because that would mean I'd have to start from scratch and all my hard work to get data to work and a lot of my settings on my verizonized sprint TP would be messed up correct?
Old 07-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Lurker

jtoshiroh is a n00b

I have had much fun with the Verizonized Sprint HTC Touch Pro. But I have decided not to risk being without a phone if Verizon decides to deactivate me or I accidently deactivate myself. Now that the new Blackberry Tour finally came out, I have switched to that.

Would a hard reset take everything back to the manufacture's settings? Anything else I need to do before I put it up on ebay? Thanks so much.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Lurker

moclov12 is a n00b

can anyone post for me the leaked verizon rom and the DMU keys??
the links are dead now
Old 07-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by moclov12 View Post
can anyone post for me the leaked verizon rom and the DMU keys??
the links are dead now
You don't need the leaked ROM. Use the new Stock ROM
Old 07-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Lurker

moclov12 is a n00b

thanks for the quick reply, but where can i find that? is that the one that htc offers?
but i already have one of mightymikes new roms installed, would it be necessary for activation of the phone to put the stock rom on it?
i have a sprint tp and im trying to get it on verizon
also do i need the DMU keys?

Last edited by moclov12; 07-12-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by moclov12 View Post
the DMU keys?
here you go

~John
Attached Files
File Type: zip DMU keys.zip (254 Bytes, 20 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro