PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro Bricked??????Please NOOOOOO!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61496)

lindenny50 03-17-2009 09:38 PM

Touch Pro Bricked??????Please NOOOOOO!!

Touch Pro Bricked
Ok so I am a noob and I had been having problems with the display scrambling on my flashed to cricket sprint touch pro so what I did was install Hardspl 37 and tried to do a new flash. I last saw my display say that a problem occurred while flashing to the new rom and now I get nothing when I power up. I have tried hard reset I have tried soft reset I have tried about a million different key combos and I get nothing just the backlight pops on and nothing beyond this point. I get nothing when it turns up ...no startup sounds nothing...Just the backlight pops on and then nothing PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS THIS PHONE A 300.00 paper weight???

Ok so Heres whart I have done I started the flash from my pc but it didn't take so then I put hard spl 37 on my sd card along with raphimg.nbh and since then I get nothing like I stated above???

Noir 03-17-2009 09:42 PM

Re: Touch Pro Bricked??????Please NOOOOOO!!

can you get in bootloader? I know its a silly question but have to ask...at least back light being on indicates it is NOT the battery
hope its not bricked

lindenny50 03-17-2009 09:45 PM

NO bootloader wont come up the phone powers up but doesnt vibrate like it used to and I get just the backlight??? Some one on another site said to try to manually get into bootloader but I don't know how any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Noir 03-17-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindenny50 (Post 778980)
NO bootloader wont come up the phone powers up but doesnt vibrate like it used to and I get just the backlight??? Some one on another site said to try to manually get into bootloader but I don't know how any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

well hm not sure about manual bootloader but it does sound like a brick...wish ya the best
btw what i the world were you flashing to cause that

rb240z 03-17-2009 10:00 PM

You didnt flash a gsm rom did u?

lindenny50 03-17-2009 10:03 PM

I dont believe so I got it from hofo and it was stated to be a cricket rom???

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1497466 this is the link to where I got it

jason25 03-17-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindenny50 (Post 778980)

to manually get into bootloader:

Hold vol. down + Power
while holding that press and hold the reset button

...and please remove the spam link in the OP, Thanks.

kennyidaho 03-17-2009 10:46 PM

Spam link is so not cool. Good luck with your device.

Cutta-Boi 03-17-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindenny50 (Post 778953)
Touch Pro Bricked
Ok so I am a noob and I had been having problems with the display scrambling on my flashed to cricket sprint touch pro... I get nothing just the backlight pops on and nothing beyond this point.

I had this same issue so have a couple others (as far as the screen scramble which lead to a powered black screen )... I took my phone into Sprint and they said that the screen was defective, which makes sense. You cant see the display but it is powering up. I don't know if I buy the screen thing but since they swapped me out I haven't had issues. It's more than likely it's a hardware issue. Your best bet is to take it in to be looked at.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyidaho (Post 779161)
Spam link is so not cool...

I second the notion Sir. :angry7:

lindenny50 03-17-2009 11:16 PM

K well its screwed