PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Text messaging lag

I guess this is pretty common with everyone's touch pro. When I have my keyboard slid out and am typing out a text message furiously. I notice that the words have some lag to them, is there a fix for this? Or is this something we just have to get used to and move on...? Please help.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634
Re: Text messaging lag

I would say be happy that is the only issue you're having in regard to texts. Many people, including myself, are having the issue where when we start typing, it exits the messaging app and goes to the default TF3d in landscape... Highly annoying because you have to hit messaging again, select the message you want to type in, and start over again. But I'm with you, I have a feeling the two are slightly related, and hopefully a fix comes up soon.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

The only thing with texts that just drives me crazy...is when you start a convertsation...and you exit.....the Touch3d messages. will have all the incoming messages... I just saw all those damm messages with the convertsation...that is just insane, why do I now need to flip all those incoming texts and if I delete it ....it also deletes the incoming message from the convertsation.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 11-06-2008, 05:10 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
I would say be happy that is the only issue you're having in regard to texts. Many people, including myself, are having the issue where when we start typing, it exits the messaging app and goes to the default TF3d in landscape... Highly annoying because you have to hit messaging again, select the message you want to type in, and start over again. But I'm with you, I have a feeling the two are slightly related, and hopefully a fix comes up soon.
+1!!!!!

My damn phone likes to open into the text message editor from the TF3D without my signature, but if I'm already in the messaging application, my signature appears. Sliding the keyboard out makes it launch the phone application too if I don't get the TF3D landscape interface interference. It's ridicules and I can't wait for someone to find a fix. This is one of the things holding this phone back!
Old 11-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
+1!!!!!

My damn phone likes to open into the text message editor from the TF3D without my signature, but if I'm already in the messaging application, my signature appears. Sliding the keyboard out makes it launch the phone application too if I don't get the TF3D landscape interface interference. It's ridicules and I can't wait for someone to find a fix. This is one of the things holding this phone back!
Yes, I forgot to mention that sometimes I end up typing in the phone application... Strange if you ask me
Old 11-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

gawd the quest never ends. With the Mogul, I was getting fast speeds thanks to nuerom 3. but that had problems like hard resetting so often. THe mogul is actually faster than this touch pro. But I'm still getting used to the phone. The text msg lag is definitely there. sucks. I just took off predictive text for the keyboard and it doesn't seem to make a difference. On the mogul you could tell the difference.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

robzZz4 is a n00b

my problem is..and i dunno if it has anything to do with adding any applications other then the stock ones...but sometimes when i answer a text ill send something but the thread refuses to show my text and the new text that comes in and its really really annoying

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro