PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP voice commands-control your music

Just read this article http://www.fuzemobility.com/the-futu...o-ipod-needed/

had some great stuff on using voice commands + windows media player to play music. Has anyone done this, how does it work? Do you have to be in windows media player to do the voice commands or could i just be a the home screen hit the hot key for voice commands say play whatever and it opens media player etc. to play that song. What other music programs can work with this? I know windows media player is not the fav. for many.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Sprint->Verizon
Carrier: Verizon

sudermatt is keeping up the good worksudermatt is keeping up the good work
Re: TP voice commands-control your music

This works awesome! It's like sync ... on those ford commercials
Old 03-12-2009, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

calllmemoe is becoming a great contributor

I can be anywhere on my device and launch Voice Command and it will play what I tell it to. WMP does not need to be open at the time.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yup, I used to use this on my mogul before I switched to TCPMP. It worked flawlessly in that I could tell the phone the genre or the playlist and it'll play whatever I'm in the mood for and I don't even have to reach into my pockets. I only listen to internet radio now because my 2gb SD card doesn't fit enough of my music as well as the other crap on there. Voice Command still works, it's just that I have shortcuts in a "Radio" folder in Programs so I just say "Start Rock" and it will start the shortcut I named Rock that contains the playlist for a Rock internet radio station. SInce playlists only seem to work on TCPMP, it auto starts TCPMP and plays the radio, all within a couple seconds. If I want to switch radio stations, I'll just say "Start Classical" and it'll open up another shortcut I have. I love Voice Command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudermatt View Post
This works awesome! It's like sync ... on those ford commercials
hahah, i'm pretty sure it's exactly the same technology. I remember seeing commercials for it and them saying it was like revolutionary or something and I was like, I could do this on my phone since like 3 years ago.... hahah. Granted the car version is far more advanced.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 03-12-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:47 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Here's the problem: If you're working with an 8 or 16 gig card, once your music list reaches a certain point, voice command will exit with a message saying it's ran out of memory.

It's a nice feature for like 2-3 gigs of music, but I had to turn it off once I hit around 5. Everytime I started my phone voice command said it had to exit.

To get around this, go to your voice command settings and unselect media.

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro