PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Absolutely Bricked!

If he's gonna throw it out, let me know, I'll gladly buy it off of him (for parts)
Old 03-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
Soft-reset would imply that the phone was functional. Did you read his post?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the bootloader can be invoked from a phone that is off. There may be hope if he can get to that.

And keep it friendly, I was just pointing out the logical steps to take.
10-4 WHY the hostility lol just keep it rockin baby lol
sorry im bored peace out lol

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?
Old 03-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Let me guess, your friend actually flashed a GSM update floating around into a CDMA machine?
Old 03-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jonaskarud is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
Let me guess, your friend actually flashed a GSM update floating around into a CDMA machine?
No, according to the owner, You must type the phone serial number into the HTC update application , before receiving the correct update software.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ALL WINDOWS MOBILE 6.1+5+beta21319?
Carrier: SPRINT CUSTOM ROM BOYIE

BlackOceaN is just getting started

you can send it to me ill fix it .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaskarud View Post
I'm the repairman of the neighborhood. repairing all kinds of things, from bicycles to plasma screens, mostly for free. A man came in with a HTC Touch Pro which he had updated via HTC:s Updating service. When he rebooted the
machine it died! And I mean, it absolutely died. The first thing I tried was a soft reset, then a hard, with powerbutton, downvolume and enter. There's not a sign of life, even tried a new battery. It is as bricked as anything can get. Shall I throw it in the waste basket and pretend that the thing never have existed?
Old 03-06-2009, 08:17 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaskarud View Post
Now I've tried this (7 times), still dead as a doornail. With reset button, You mean the little button next to the USB socket?
that is correct

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro