PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380
Carrier: Sprint

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32
Re: Absolutely Bricked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaskarud View Post
Yes, probably have to do this.

Can't get it into bootload mode, no response.

I thank You alll, for giving it a try.
Well damn. That phone qualifies for a legit RMA my friend. Call the carrier or go to the nearest store WITH THE OWNER and try and have it replaced. Don't let them take you for a repair fee either. This is a manufacturer issue, so they should replace it for free or HTC will. A manufacturer software update that bricks a phone isn't a user problem.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:48 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

one thing I tried, now keep this in mind it was a Treo, when it wasn't responding as you indicated was this

Removed the battery
with the battery removed I press and held in the reset button
put the battery back in still holding in the reset button
held the reset button in for twenty seconds and the released

this brough it back to life

Hope this helps!

I also agree with Mutiny32, sounds like if the phone faulted during a firmware upgrade, it is time to explore the warranty option from HTC
Old 03-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
one thing I tried, now keep this in mind it was a Treo, when it wasn't responding as you indicated was this

Removed the battery

this brough it back to life

Hope this helps!

I also agree with Mutiny32, sounds like if the phone faulted during a firmware upgrade, it is time to explore the warranty option from HTC
had this happen as well i did the same and mine was fixed
Old 03-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jonaskarud is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
Soft-reset would imply that the phone was functional.
Sorry, with soft reset I ment that the battery was taken out......I apologise!
Old 03-06-2009, 05:54 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaskarud View Post
Sorry, with soft reset I ment that the battery was taken out......I apologise!

Try the technique posted above and let us know.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I still wanna know about the guy who brought it in....and why you would think you could just throw it away....unless he said keep it.....but I still wanna know! It's killing me!!
Old 03-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

he probly did the GSM update that everyone keeps confusing for a cdma or general update. its Def Bricked.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
he probly did the GSM update that everyone keeps confusing for a cdma or general update. its Def Bricked.
Not likely, the flash util checks the phone model (GSM is usually RAPH100 while CDMA is RAPH800) so he wouldn't get far enough to do any damage.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jonaskarud is a n00b

He never gave me permission to throw it away, it was just me writing in metaphors...
Old 03-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jonaskarud is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post

Removed the battery
Now I've tried this (7 times), still dead as a doornail. With reset button, You mean the little button next to the USB socket?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro