PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any more ideas for battery hacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Please don't set your SCI to 0 or 1. That is reserved for First Responders, so they can get out quickly in an emergency. Your battery life is not THAT important.

If your SCI is already set that way, fine, but don't change it.
Oops... I didn't know hat the 0 or 1 SCI slots were reserved! I thought that applied to another setting. I can just change it back right?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
Oops... I didn't know hat the 0 or 1 SCI slots were reserved! I thought that applied to another setting. I can just change it back right?
I don't think he meant it as in "reserved seats- don't sit here kind of way"
was just saying that you don't need for your phone to poll that often (although a lot of people do have the SCI set 1), but don't let me speak for him

I don't know what rom you are using, but with KKs, my phone starts ringing on the second ring (first one an actual sprint customer can hear), and I still get great battery life. Mike's was pretty good at this as well, I have not tried all the others.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

LunaticSerenade is keeping up the good workLunaticSerenade is keeping up the good work

My battery life is generally pretty good, 1 - 2 days using Mike's ROM.

I like to try and maximize it, but in reality, I am never far from a charger...lol
Search is your best friend.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Syph3r is just getting started

Ok, I know this isn't the right thread for this and I know that they're are tons of posts for this already but what do I have to do exactly to flash the radio on my touch pro to the Telus radio? I have a bone stock Touch pro and have only really played around with apps and programs, never roms so I guess you could say I'm a noob when it comes to custom ROMs and radios. I recall that before you can run the bootloader with the radio, you have to unlock your phone because sprint locks it to only their approved radio versions, right?

Also, once I do all this and Im running the new radio version, what do I do if I want to take my phone into a sprint store to get it repaired. I can't have the telus radio on there so how easy is it to switch back.

Thanks in Advance!

Old 03-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
It's not a huge deal, I just don't like the idea of me talking to a friend of mine, and a mile away on the same tower, an off duty paramedic can't make an emergency call because of it.

It's probably not even an issue to be totally honest, but yeah, I'd leave 0 and 1 alone, so that the system can do what it was designed to do, and give those people priority when they need it.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't get it... people on this site keep saying that they can go 1 1/2 to 2 days without charging their phones.

I've tried SO many battery tweaks, and I can only get about 10 to 14 hours at best! I have Juggalo's rom, which drastically improves battery life, I did the battery power management regedits, I bought the Seidio extended life battery for more power, I turned off incoming beams, ugraded to the Telus radio, and I set my backlight setting to auto-adjust instead of the brightest setting. What am I missing? Are there any ideas?
Old 03-20-2009, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

sde780 is just getting started

I have every possible battery tweak done and using JuggaloX's rom.

Mine can last 3 days if I don't use it.

With use, it lasts 1 day tops.

Texting and web browsing eat up battery life
Old 03-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Well, usage can definantly be the reason why my battery doesn't last too long. I use my Pro as my second laptop; sometimes I use it instead of my laptop cause I don't feel like pulling it out.

I just turned off location services and disabled data connections after one minute. I'll see if that helps anything. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro