PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Re: Please help - will HAPPILY pay/donate - Sprint Touch Pro to VZW - tried everythin

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
gotcha.. its like 188 instead of 288 right?? thats jankie, i wonder why.. least its not 64 LOL
Correct on the Sprint version as opposed to Big Red's version with 192MB of RAM. And in addition, the Fuze sold by AT&T has the same amount of RAM as the Sprint Pro, but the only thing that makes the RAM seem a little lower than normal is the bloatware it has within the stock ROM.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-

Last edited by blasphemous_prime; 02-25-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Re: Please help - will HAPPILY pay/donate - Sprint Touch Pro to VZW - tried everythin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgt77lobo View Post
I can't get ##778 (send) or ##3424 (send) to work - and I can't launch epst.
Try ##3282 then "Send" and tell us if that works.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I have a regedit that fixes the ## codes on any dialer, but I can't get it until I get home tonight.

If someone else doesn't post it first, I will post it when I get home from work.

~John
Old 02-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rgt77lobo is a n00b

jmorton10 - thanks for sending those later if you get a chance.. I'll give it a try!!! I'll pm you too... I appreciate the help.

Regarding trying an additional dialer code - I actually tried ALL OF THEM - just to verify 100% that it was the whole code concept that didn't work, and not one or two (in terms of if this is a dialer code issue). That's why I'm hoping jmorton10's help will work out.

Regarding getting or not getting this on a Samsung SCHi760... all I can say so far is good luck. It's been anything but easy - and it doesn't surprise me, Samsung's phone has been awful.

Someone else mentioned the whole issue of just getting the VZW version and using that. I wish I could (and feel good about it). I'm actually one of the few people who PREFERS the VZW's looks (though I don't really care how my phone looks anyway) and also prefers the VZW version's keyboard (for my cfd - chubby finger disease).

However, I read tons of reviews -including reviews from large organizations like computer word/cnet or something like that - and they were very much bemoaning the issues (lag, slowness, etc.) with VZW's version. Since I experienced those same annoying issue on VZW's Samsung... I didn't want to even try it.

Still hoping I'll figure this out!!!!

Thanks. =D>
Old 02-25-2009, 06:48 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
jmorton10 - thanks for sending those later if you get a chance.. I'll give it a try!!! I'll pm you too... I appreciate the help.
See if this works for you:

To Fix ## CODES use this registry entry.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DialParser]
"DLL-OEM"="phonecanvas.dll"
Old 02-25-2009, 06:52 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
and also prefers the VZW version's keyboard (for my cfd - chubby finger disease).
LOL, although I have the Sprint version (activated on Verizon) I actually prefer the VZ KB myself.

I think the KB sucks on the Sprint TP, the keys are too small & too stiff to be very useful IMHO.

I don't really care as I use TouchPal in T9+, I have never used the hardware KB once in any of my 3 TP's.

~John
Old 02-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rgt77lobo is a n00b

JMorton10....

Well, I tried! I did what you suggested on my craptastic Samsung, and now the hard buttons on front don't dial the phone - and then when I go to the phone app in windows, it pops up but disappears before I can dial anything.

By the way, I already had an entry VERY similar to what you suggested - the only difference was instead of the word 'OEM' it had the word 'MS'.

So now I can't dial the phone. Frankly, this may be an improvement since I never new what surprises (most bad) the phone would provide on a daily basis.

I'm thinking of going the route of soup cans and string at this point!
Old 02-26-2009, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible

Gadjetguy is becoming a great contributor

rgt77lobo,

Have you got it figured out yet? Just got my TP and wanted to know if I will be able to do the switch

Mike
Old 02-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rgt77lobo is a n00b

Gadgetguy/Mike...

I did not figure it out. I received a registry change that JMorton10 sent, but it did not work. There's definitely something ESPECIALLY difficult about the samsung phone - you'd probably noticed that yourself if you'd ever tried to buy a charger - even the VZ stores didn't carry them. It's almost like some kind of awful mutant breed of phone.

At any rate, perhaps you'll get lucky. Again, I tried everything, everything, everything - and was extremely careful so as to avoid entering incorrect numbers or something.

Again, I could not get it working the way others could when it came to things just going - without the keys off the old phone. Perhaps you'll be able to get that going okay. Now, trying to get the keys off the old phone has definitely proven impossible (for me at least)... so I'm going to move in another direction.

I'm going to buy the cheapest phone on eBay - the cheapest one that will work. Then go through moving the i760 to that, and then go from there. I found the 6700 everyone referred to, used, for about $80. I imagine this could be done twice, so if that works for me - and I'm still holding out hope that someone can jump in with a new/better solution - but if that works for me - I can always send it to you and you can do it yourself.

I'm somewhat irked that I'm having to jump through all these hoops - I wish VZW had simply introduced a decent Touch themselves. I further wish the pompous prick at our VZW store on Miami Beach hadn't lied through the teeth about the i760... but in the grand scheme of things, que cera cera.

Let me know how it goes if you give it a try.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible

Gadjetguy is becoming a great contributor

What about buying and returning a Verizon Touch Pro?
Could we copy the information from there or will it be useless once the phone is returned?

Mike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro