PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One
Carrier: Sprint

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331
Arrow only 3 Opera tabs...

I use Opera A LOT on my phone, and right now I can't open more than 3 tabs... is there a reg edit or something that I can use to increase the amount of open tabs I have?? Thanks!
Old 02-22-2009, 01:35 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: only 3 Opera tabs...

Look for this line in "\Windows\Opera9\opera.ini"

Quote:
Maximum Allowed Tabs=7
Change it to what you want... I set mine to 7, the default is 3.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor

Note that typically, at least on my Verizon Touch Pro, there is only enough memory for 3-5 tabs anyway.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

tbran is becoming a great contributor

To change the number of tabs, open opera and type opera:config
go to user prefs and scroll down to the "maximum allowed tabs" and you can set the number of tabs you prefer. Be careful opening too many tabs or you run out of ram and freeze up. Remember to hit Save at the bottom of user prefs.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolano View Post
Note that typically, at least on my Verizon Touch Pro, there is only enough memory for 3-5 tabs anyway.
The Sprint version does not have that problem.

I have Verizon service also but I use a Sprint TP, not the crippled VZ version.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One
Threadstarter

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post

That worked for me! Thank you!
Old 06-12-2009, 06:46 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post

sheesh. I remember looking at this post every few weeks for the last few months and never getting how to do that. But it was the easiest thing ever of course and now I can have sashimi take care of it for me from now on
copy the file rstoyguy mentioned to your computer. open it with notepad from your desktop and edit it where it says "Maximum Allowed Tabs=X". Replace the X with 7 or 5 or however many tabs you want. then I copied the .ini file to Sashimi>Auto>Root>Windows>Opera9.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolano View Post
Wow, that's horrible.
My vogue could have about ten or more on it at once.
I never had it turned up past 15 tabs allowed,
and never went past having about 12 on there,
but still. That's horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbran View Post
To change the number of tabs, open opera and type opera:config
go to user prefs and scroll down to the "maximum allowed tabs" and you can set the number of tabs you prefer. Be careful opening too many tabs or you run out of ram and freeze up. Remember to hit Save at the bottom of user prefs.
I was going to write that, thanks for saving me the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
sheesh. I remember looking at this post every few weeks for the last few months and never getting how to do that. But it was the easiest thing ever of course and now I can have sashimi take care of it for me from now on
copy the file rstoyguy mentioned to your computer. open it with notepad from your desktop and edit it where it says "Maximum Allowed Tabs=X". Replace the X with 7 or 5 or however many tabs you want. then I copied the .ini file to Sashimi>Auto>Root>Windows>Opera9.
I was thinking of doing the same exact thing with Sashimi.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro