PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dagnasty is keeping up the good workdagnasty is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Has ANYONE successfully physically hard reset their Verizon Touch Pro???

A couple ways that have worked for me:

1. Turn off the screen by pressing the power key. Then hold the circle button, volume down, and the power button. Push the reset button with the stylus.

2. Screen can be on. Hold Volume Down and Circle button. Hit reset button. While still holding the 2 buttons, immediately hold down on the power button as well.

Both times, continue holding all 3 buttons until you get a grey screen with blue letters
Old 02-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: Verizon

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
It's killing me. I do a search for "How To Hard Reset Touch Pro". "ppcgeeks hard reset touch pro". 'XDA-Developers hard reset touch pro". And guess what - I get almost a million results. Great!! But not a single one is correct!

I've read:
- Volume Down + Center Button + Soft Reset Button
- Volume Up + Volume Down + Center Button + Soft Reset Button
- Power Button + Volume Down + Center Button + Soft Reset Button
- Power down, wait 1 min, Volume Down + Center Button + Soft Reset Button
- Take out the battery, then Volume Down + Center Button + Soft Reset Button

I've even watched a YouTube video (in Russian) showing me how to physically reset a Touch Pro (YouTube Video), but the phone is not a Verizon version, and by now I'm convinced the Verizon Touch Pro cannot be physically reset!

So, please, can someone tell me what am I missing? I am stuck in the loading screen (no, not bootloader, the splash screen) with the SIP keyboard showing. Something must have gone wrong with an app install, and I need to do a physical hard reset.

Please know, I've tried the above methods so many times, and still no luck.

I guess I can put the phone into bootloader (assuming my phone will let me), and re-flash my current ROM (my phone is unlocked, and flashed already).

Press and hold the center button then press in the reset pin till u see the grey screen easiest way. This method only applies to VZW touchpro.

ROM's
OEM's
CAB's

If something is password protected do not ask for the password as you will not get it. If you do not already know it you are not supposed to.

Remember to give thanks to those owed.......
no2chem - GGuruUSA - naigaman - Colonel - Tiermann - ImCoKeMan - helmi - dcd - luv2chill

Without all of whom none of this would be possible.

Donate to me!!!

Old 02-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

OP you do know your phone has to be OFF to hard reset right??? not one person mentioned that here.....then you hold down vol down,power, and center Dpad.. hold it until the pop up shows instructing you that pressing vol up with hard reset or any other key will cancel..

enjoy
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"
Old 02-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Samsung i760

z96cobra is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
OP you do know your phone has to be OFF to hard reset right??? not one person mentioned that here.....then you hold down vol down,power, and center Dpad.. hold it until the pop up shows instructing you that pressing vol up with hard reset or any other key will cancel..

enjoy
He says he has a Verizon TP, so he does not have to have the phone turned off to do a hard reset. On the Verizon TP all you have to do is hold down the center 'ok' button and then hold the reset button until you see the grey screen.

Roger
Old 02-23-2009, 07:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I can't figure out why the hell the TP is so darn hard to reset.

I have the Sprint version converted to Verizon & a bad flash from scrosler's corrupted kitchen froze my phone & I was trying to hard reset.

I know the key combination (I've done it before), but it must have taken me 15 tries before it actually worked. I kept feeling the vibration & knowing it didn't catch (it was infuriating). I would pull the battery, start again & same result..........

Finally on about the 20th try it finally worked.... I never had these problems with my old Titan's.

~John
Old 02-23-2009, 09:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kvaughan is just getting started

Turn the phone completely off, hold center button, push power button. The screen will come up and ask you to push volume up for a hard reset.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

pbarkey is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
It's killing me. I do a search for "How To Hard Reset Touch Pro". "ppcgeeks hard reset touch pro". 'XDA-Developers hard reset touch pro". And guess what - I get almost a million results. Great!! But not a single one is correct!

I've read:
- Volume Down + Center Button + Soft Reset Button
- Volume Up + Volume Down + Center Button + Soft Reset Button
- Power Button + Volume Down + Center Button + Soft Reset Button
- Power down, wait 1 min, Volume Down + Center Button + Soft Reset Button
- Take out the battery, then Volume Down + Center Button + Soft Reset Button

I've even watched a YouTube video (in Russian) showing me how to physically reset a Touch Pro (YouTube Video), but the phone is not a Verizon version, and by now I'm convinced the Verizon Touch Pro cannot be physically reset!

So, please, can someone tell me what am I missing? I am stuck in the loading screen (no, not bootloader, the splash screen) with the SIP keyboard showing. Something must have gone wrong with an app install, and I need to do a physical hard reset.

Please know, I've tried the above methods so many times, and still no luck.

I guess I can put the phone into bootloader (assuming my phone will let me), and re-flash my current ROM (my phone is unlocked, and flashed already).
I received this email when I wrote to VZW tech support:

Performing a hard reset - HTC Touch Pro:

A hard reset is the last resort for troubleshooting. This reset will erase all data and restore preferences to factory default specifications. Performing a hard reset is only recommended when the existing data has been backed up or is unwanted. Please see, above.

Preferred method:

1. From the Today screen, tap Start > Settings.
2. From the System tab, tap Memory.
3. Tap Clear Storage.
4. Enter 1234 then tap ok.
5. Tap Yes.

Alternate Method:

1. Press and hold the Power button (located at the top of the device) then tap Yes to turn the phone off.
2. Press and hold the navigational keypad.
3. While holding down the navigational keypad, press and release the power button. Continue to hold down the navigational keypad until the caution screen is displayed.
4. Release the navigational keypad then press the volume up key to perform the reset.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dagnasty is keeping up the good workdagnasty is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I can't figure out why the hell the TP is so darn hard to reset.

I have the Sprint version converted to Verizon & a bad flash from scrosler's corrupted kitchen froze my phone & I was trying to hard reset.

I know the key combination (I've done it before), but it must have taken me 15 tries before it actually worked. I kept feeling the vibration & knowing it didn't catch (it was infuriating). I would pull the battery, start again & same result..........

Finally on about the 20th try it finally worked.... I never had these problems with my old Titan's.

~John

Im using a converted Sprint TP as well. I can hard reset everytime using this method

Screen can be on. Hold Volume Down and Circle button. Hit reset button. While still holding the 2 buttons, immediately hold down on the power button as well.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:27 AM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarkey View Post

Alternate Method:

1. Press and hold the Power button (located at the top of the device) then tap Yes to turn the phone off.
2. Press and hold the navigational keypad.
3. While holding down the navigational keypad, press and release the power button. Continue to hold down the navigational keypad until the caution screen is displayed.
4. Release the navigational keypad then press the volume up key to perform the reset.
Never saw that way before. It worked great and is very easy!!

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 02-24-2009, 12:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

Quote:
Originally Posted by z96cobra View Post
He says he has a Verizon TP, so he does not have to have the phone turned off to do a hard reset. On the Verizon TP all you have to do is hold down the center 'ok' button and then hold the reset button until you see the grey screen.

Roger
thats much simplier than sprints... learn soemthin new everyday

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro