PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 05:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Why is \Windows access so slow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Your desktop PC is using a directory cached in ram. Ram running 100x faster. Being accessed by a CPU running 8x faster (per core) with instructions that operate in far fewer clock cycles.

Your WinMo is trying to struggle through really slow flash stores, or mildly slow ram, with a slow cpu, with a mediocre instruction set.

And yeah, it's the manilla files. All you need to do is hard reset and never install anything and you'll be able to browse \Windows really fast.

Note, do not hard reset, that was a joke.
GREAT EXPLANATION!

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 02-19-2009, 05:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
You say you use myMobiler's mobile explorer, but when I tried to use it, it wants to browse the folders on my pc, not my phone. How do i browse my phone's contents?
The left pane represents your PC; the right pane represents your phone. Files will be transferred to/from the active directory for each device. For example, if you wanted to transfer the Home manila mode9 file out of /windows to your desktop, it would look like this:

Last edited by bedoig; 02-19-2009 at 05:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:43 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

God I'm dumb. I think it's lack of sleep. Thanks for pointing that out to me bedoig

Old 02-19-2009, 05:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ya, at first glance it just looks like a folder/tree-view pane and a detail pane
Old 03-17-2009, 01:51 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Here's an update: I hard reset my phone and now my windows folder loads up in about a quarter of the time it used to take. Go figure.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:17 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Here's an update: I hard reset my phone and now my windows folder loads up in about a quarter of the time it used to take. Go figure.
Must have been something you had installed. The stock ROMs are horribly slow at loading the windows directory, too... but I don't think there are too many people who are active around here who are still on a stock ROM.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

How long does it/did it take when you use explorer on your phone? Mine takes only about 5 seconds to load up all the files. I almost never browse my folders in Activesync though, and when I do I do it through the storage card as USB drive.

//I'm using stock ROM with the Sprint clean-up tweak

Last edited by Darkjedi; 03-17-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I'm using KK's rom and it only takes about 5 to 6 seconds for the \windows folder to load. I've heard Mighty's is even faster (but I think it's because his is more of stripped rom).

PPCGeeks New User Guide

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333

Quote:
Have all WM devices always been like this? Are the Dell PPC's like this?
My Mogul used to take about 5 minutes to load the Windows directory, and half of the time it would just freeze up and I'd have to soft reset.
I definitely don't miss that at all. My Touch Pro has never taken more than about 10 seconds tops to load

-Keir-
Old 03-17-2009, 04:01 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
It's just the nature of the beast.

late,
Coz
That's the best description I could ever think of.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro