PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why Do You Do This To Me Htc!!

Common business practice, otherwise they won't be able to survive.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
- 1 for the pre.
What's all this -1 +1 crap I keep seeing?

Anyways, right now (plus many other who are in the same boat) are at a HUGE advantage right now. For I have received the Touch Pro for free, my contract has now expired and I'm totally open in the market for a new handset. Merry Techmas to meeeeee! ^_^

So right now I"m going to play out the market and save some money, and see what will be the better pick from the litter.

It'll be either the Palm Pre or Pro2.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpony View Post
Display3.6-inch TFT-LCD touch-sensitive screen with 480 X 800 WVGA resolution
Adjustable tilt screen

It's WVGA not QVGA. HUGE difference
Since i'm not to sure, is wvga better then vga and what are some of the differences? I'm assuming its better then qvga by this statement.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:26 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

vga= 480X640 wvga= 480X800 qvga= 240X320

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
Bigger screen= less dpad, more power consumption, and bigger phone

You forgot the missing drivers.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Well this phone does seem interesting since the screen is bigger but the fact of no directional pad is kind of weird. but I guess this thread doesn't matter to most of us because I believe someone stated this isn't coming to the cdma side. is that confirmed like the touch hd?

Last edited by p-slim; 02-16-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:42 PM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work

I heard they are keeping WVGA and they "claim" to have a 50% better battery life than the pro, unless thats software thats a good thing for me.

Im going to stick with my pro, I was recently laid off so money is tight but it sucks that I get to look at something else that might or might not be better than my phone It doesnt suck a whole lot though cause I LOVE the pro

Old 02-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by afx View Post
I heard they are keeping WVGA and they "claim" to have a 50% better battery life than the pro, unless thats software thats a good thing for me.

Im going to stick with my pro, I was recently laid off so money is tight but it sucks that I get to look at something else that might or might not be better than my phone It doesnt suck a whole lot though cause I LOVE the pro
Trust me, you dont want to waste 600 dollars for a bigger tilting screen.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRiNT

clami is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Well this phone does seem interesting since the screen is bigger but the fact of no directional pad is kind of weird. but I guess this thread doesn't matter to most of us because I believe someone stated this isn't coming to the cdma side. is that confirmed like the touch hd?
its sad but wouldnt be surprised if it didnt.. n if it did im sure it would be a good minute before it comes out to sprint or verizon,, etc.. because they would probaly like to put ther own style on the fone and manufacturing takes awhile so i wouldnt keep ur hopes up because the TP juss came out like 7 months ago for sprint
Old 02-16-2009, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by clami View Post
its sad but wouldnt be surprised if it didnt.. n if it did im sure it would be a good minute before it comes out to sprint or verizon,, etc.. because they would probaly like to put ther own style on the fone and manufacturing takes awhile so i wouldnt keep ur hopes up because the TP juss came out like 7 months ago for sprint
Try about 3 months ago

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro