PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bhopki001 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does Voice Command Anoounce Calls?

I was looking into the Voice Command options and there is an option that says that the TP can announce incoming calls. I checked the box but to no avil is it announcing incoming calls. Question is does it really work... and if so how do you make it work?
Old 02-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Does Voice Command Anoounce Calls?

I want to learn how it announces texts/emails too. I tried reading the documentation that MS provides, but it makes no mention of the feature since it seems to be new.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

good question. i've been trying to activate this as well. my old treo used to announce the name or number.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc sprint touch
Carrier: sprint

leoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to leoiden
Wink Re: Does Voice Command Anoounce Calls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhopki001 View Post
I was looking into the Voice Command options and there is an option that says that the TP can announce incoming calls. I checked the box but to no avil is it announcing incoming calls. Question is does it really work... and if so how do you make it work?
yes it does but i believe you need a patch that duttythroy from xda developers made that makes this work with newer voice command builds!
Old 02-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoiden View Post
yes it does but i believe you need a patch that duttythroy from xda developers made that makes this work with newer voice command builds!
do you have a link, kind sir?
Old 02-13-2009, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bhopki001 is a n00b

I would love that too...
Old 02-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Account Disabled

i found something at xda but not by duttythroy and it looks a little complicated but then again i am a newb...http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=333036
Old 02-13-2009, 11:53 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

hold up,easy
HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Category
change from VoiceCommand1 to Ring

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Script
change from as5p to v0p (that's v-zero-p) - for vibrate & ring, or p (ring only)

The reg above is to enable announcing callers,it works and it is working
Announcing text and email is just a matter of going to setting/VC/ check option you like.

Last edited by HBOOT; 02-13-2009 at 11:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bhopki001 is a n00b

is there an easier way... i am not familiar with registry changes
Old 02-14-2009, 12:11 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

you may wanna get familiar dog, dont worry man, u can do it as 1,2,3. Do u have a registry editor installed? if not install this:
http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

or Resco explorer,the above is free

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro