PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Text Message using Contact Name (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57479)

BillJr106 02-12-2009 07:35 PM

Text Message using Contact Name

I remember on my old 6700 I could type the name of my contact in the TO" box and it would use their caller information. I tried this on my Touch Pro and it doesnt seem to work. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change? On a side note, I cant seem to find on this one where to change the default area code. I feel like a lot of options are different from what I remember on my old PPC 6700...

lwrdrchvy2 02-12-2009 07:49 PM

Re: Text Message using Contact Name

Mine has always used the contact list to suggest a name when entering one into the "to" field for texts, dont know of a setting but it does work. To change the home area code, open contacts, press menu then options and it is right there.

Shawng2020 02-12-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillJr106 (Post 709864)
I remember on my old 6700 I could type the name of my contact in the TO" box and it would use their caller information. I tried this on my Touch Pro and it doesnt seem to work. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change? On a side note, I cant seem to find on this one where to change the default area code. I feel like a lot of options are different from what I remember on my old PPC 6700...

I seriously would like to know the answer to this too.

inmnbob 02-12-2009 11:24 PM

I have to some time reboot to get this to work

BillJr106 02-13-2009 10:36 AM

Yeah mine isnt defaulting to using the contacts name... and I would love to get that to happen again... Having to open contact everytime and select the one I want is kind of annoying... I much prefer to just type the name... was it removed from a recent update??? My phone came with working picture mail if that helps... (( although its funky how it seperates sound files)) I just received my phone from Sprint 3 days ago.

BillJr106 02-13-2009 10:41 AM

I just noticed now when typing a name in contacts there is a suggestion field at the bottom of the screen. My ppc6700 used to prepopulate if I typed in Jess ( for contact name "Jessica") the remainder of the name so if I just hit the down arrow the full name would auto fill in and I could go right to typing the body of the message... I guess now that I found the suggestion box below its not TOO bad... but I would much rather have the prefilled name pop in automatically. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks everyone

Darkjedi 02-13-2009 10:43 AM

wait, are you guys talking about how if you type in the first letter of a name, a list of contacts will pop up with names starting with that letter? If so, it seems to work fine on my TP. I've installed the Sprint Touch Pro cleanup, so I'm not sure if that changed anything regarding texts. It even pops up the emails of the contacts if I have that populated.

I've had that issue with the default area code since the Mogul I think. For the phone I have right now it defaults to (425) which is northern washington state... not like it matters though because everyone I know has different area codes anyway and i have to overwrite whatever is there.

gimme5 02-13-2009 01:48 PM

It works fine on my TP too (Stock Sprint).

Skelator03 02-13-2009 02:48 PM

works for mine too

saecrow 02-13-2009 03:48 PM

check this thread. . . . i think this is what you guys are talking about (specifically my part 2 question in it)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=saecrow