PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 03:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
using Facebook mobile upload

I am trying to use Facebooks Mobile upload tool, to set this up you need to send a mms to mobile@facebook.com. I dont know how to do this: if I create a text and then menu, under the insert it is grayed out. I installed Sprints Picture mail update but I dont receive a confirmation email back from facebook. Anyone able to get this to work on a tp (sprints network)/how do i send a mms?
Old 12-20-2008, 04:03 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: using Facebook mobile upload

"Picture mail" counts as an e-mail account, it's separate from the text inbox... just the way WinMo is set up (no native MMS support).

Hit the e-mail tab, and there will be an inbox for picture mail, hit the menu softkey, then hit New mail.

Select Picture Mail from the list (if it isn't automatically selected) and PictureMail will load up.

Tap Add Contact, then "Type Address" and type in photos@facebook.com. Add a subject if you like (or text, either or. They will both be added to the description of the photo on facebook), tap Add Media, and add the pictures.

Tap the send softkey when you're done, it will say your picture is being sent, tap continue, THEN WAIT!!!

Look at the signal icon at the top, it should start transferring data, if you close picturemail before it is done sending... it may be DAYS before the message finally goes through. Wait for the arrows to go grey (if they are the stock ones) to show that it's done transferring, and the message should be sent. For a full, 3 megapixel shot, it should take about two minutes with an EVDO connection (high estimate). For a small, 800x600 one, which is about what they get sized down to on facebook anyway, you should expect around 30 seconds (high estimate again).

I never receive a confirmation e-mail from Facebook upon picture uploads, but that may be my individual settings. I am not sure.

I know Sprint's PictureMail sucks... there are alternatives that make sending a picture a bit less painful. sMMS (some guy MMS... I don't have a link around right now) is free, and available here on PPCGeeks... but the free version has lots of nag screens and only allows you to send one picture at a time. I think ArcSoft has another MMS program? But I haven't played with it. Personally, I just deal with the stock PictureMail app.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

This method of uploading kinda sucks. Use a standalone application (Skybook or Shozu maybe), and watch for the new one being developed at XDA.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I can recommend Skybook, great for picture uploads
(got to m.magnifoca.com from your phones browser to dwnload)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul HTC 8600

3boos is keeping up the good work3boos is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to 3boos Send a message via Yahoo to 3boos

you need to activate your phone from facebook first, if you haven't done this already, go to facebook add your cell number they will send you a txt to confirm it, they will ask you to reply it, I think, and after that you will be able to send pics, update your status, comment on your friends posts, get different alerts and more.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boos View Post
you need to activate your phone from facebook first, if you haven't done this already, go to facebook add your cell number they will send you a txt to confirm it, they will ask you to reply it, I think, and after that you will be able to send pics, update your status, comment on your friends posts, get different alerts and more.
Right, I think this was his problem.

Once you (gianthobbit) have your account set up, all you have to do is go into your Sprint Picture Mail account, click on Menu->New. Under "Add Contact" type in "mobile@facebook.com"

Click on "Add Media," then "Send." Now you play the waiting game. Once it's done, it will show up under your "Mobile Uploads" album.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

thanks for the help guys, all is good
Old 12-24-2008, 02:52 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

I use Skybook. Works great.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul HTC 8600

3boos is keeping up the good work3boos is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to 3boos Send a message via Yahoo to 3boos

I like ShoZu, because it lets yoy send to more than one place, geo tag the pics and and upload them automatically to the site/album of your choice.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

you guys do know sprint picturemail app does this natively right? to facebook, myspace, photobucket, youtube.

you cant do it through HTC album. go into the stock picutres and videos and scroll over a pic and right softkey the menu and post to service. you set up your login for each service and itll automatially post the pics to that site.

much easier than emailing

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro