PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

LoneSnark is keeping up the good workLoneSnark is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: **The Touch Pro Video Playback Bible**

"Problems with Qtv mode and blue flicker have been worked out almost since the cable came out ..."
Worked out? As in fixed? How?
Old 02-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Threadstarter

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneSnark View Post
"Problems with Qtv mode and blue flicker have been worked out almost since the cable came out ..."
Worked out? As in fixed? How?
Yeah, I'm also scratching my head on this one. According to Core Labs, its still a known problem.

Dr. g, I've searched this forum inside and out before I made my initial post (L0rd knows I hate reposts, myself). If I've missed something you know about, please share!
Old 02-12-2009, 03:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr g View Post
We have known about about incomplete Qtv support since almost day 1. We have known about WMP acceleration since at least mid-December. Album might be new info here but frankly, I don't think anyone would use it for that purpose.

Problems with Qtv mode and blue flicker have been worked out almost since the cable came out ...
It's really not a competition. If you were aware of the facts, good for you. It's not common knowledge here though, as demonstrated by the abundance of misinformation surrounding video encoding and playback in countless threads all over the forum. It's not common knowledge on XDA either, but the information is there for people who care to find it. I think Dishe did a very good job of boiling down a lot of information to genuine, documented fact.

And I think by "worked out," he just means "aware of". No solution exists at the moment (other than using a different program of course).
Old 02-12-2009, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work

So what have we learned in this thread? Well, it seems that Technology1, dr g and dishe have some sort of wierd hate-triangle going on here. Oh! Also, we're all praying for some Qtv support in TCPMP soon. Otherwise we'll have to dredge through all of the name-calling and bruised egos (because someone isn't as smart as someone else... in someone's eyes) to find a plausible solution. For what it's worth, the thread was very informative.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Threadstarter

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
So what have we learned in this thread? Well, it seems that Technology1, dr g and dishe have some sort of wierd hate-triangle going on here. Oh! Also, we're all praying for some Qtv support in TCPMP soon. Otherwise we'll have to dredge through all of the name-calling and bruised egos (because someone isn't as smart as someone else... in someone's eyes) to find a plausible solution. For what it's worth, the thread was very informative.
LOL, I apologize for going off on those tangents instead of keeping the topic focused.

What we've learned is that if you want the best quality video currently, you need to use the included WMP or HTC Album, and have the video in MP4 format.

If you prefer to have more formats available, you could fork over the cash for CorePlayer 1.3, however keep in mind that it is not fully supported yet, and will have that blue flicker when using TV Out cables.

That about sums it up. The rest of the info was just to educate why.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work

I know. I was just busting everyone's balls. It was a good thread and people who aren't very astute with this aspect of our devices, like me, do appreciate it.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was so happy when I traded my Mogul for the TP, but like many others it appears, I was unhappy to see that this phone had video playback issues in virtually all players. Maybe this is being redundant to a point but with all your knowledge you have am***** thus far on the different players lack of interaction or full utilization of Qtv driver , then can you tell me if you have found any encoding method and combination of player in 640x480 that will play with no drops at 23.97 fps using something to benchmark the results ? I see the album plays the VGA in what appears to be very very good quality but I would like to be able to make minor adjustments to the brightness, saturation, etc. Is there a way to do this anywhere for the album? I am unaware of any settings like that .

Last edited by lefty11; 02-13-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:48 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

bottemline my coreplayer(latest ver) plays everything i throw at it smooth as a baby butt only thing i have problem i have playing is mkv files thats it

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 02-13-2009, 12:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
bottemline my coreplayer(latest ver) plays everything i throw at it smooth as a baby butt only thing i have problem i have playing is mkv files thats it
Hmmm, I think that you must have a different version ? I have 1.3 and it still drops frames in full vga .... maybe I misunderstood that this was to be expected even thought it still would hit appx 20fps playback. Smooth compared to tcpmp but not flawless, I guess I like to watch video without an occasional hiccup. Thanks for the input , but not quite the info I was looking for. I was hoping Dishe could reply to my post..
Old 02-13-2009, 02:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technology1 View Post
Nothing is taken personal, but don't defame and demean another way of doing things, just because you don't perfer that method, that's all I'm saying... Stay tune for new breaking yet to be video technology for the TP coming your way very soon...
Seriously, chill out. This is an apples and oranges comparison. Your making it personal and it has nothing to do with your precious little streaming thread. Not everyone wants to stream much less stream youtube all day. This post is about actual video's put on your phone to watch with a video player. Nobody is stealing your thunder.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro