PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: **FIXED**Weather database issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf14 View Post
This morning it looks like there's still a problem. I have my home town and Orlando in my weather tab and this morning home was working but Orlando was showing the IDS_STATE_O error. I updated about 10 minutes ago and Orlando is working and home has the error!

Does anyone know any more info about why this happening all of a sudden?

Some kind of problem with Accuweather that our phones get the info from I assume.
I put Orlando in and my came up fine, what is the other location you are using and I can check that also?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mapleleaf14 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
I put Orlando in and my came up fine, what is the other location you are using and I can check that also?
West Chester, OH and Mason, OH.

The Mason one JUST showed correctly when I updated a minute ago, but the West Chester one is still wrong. Might be my imagination, but it seems like I have more trouble with the "added" cities rather that the cities that were already in the phone out of the box. But that doesn't explain why sometimes the Orlando one was incorrect.

I just added Cincinnati as one of my cities since I'm only about 10-15 miles away from Cincy...it'll be accurate enough when my West Chester is wrong.

I wonder if I should try just putting in the zip code for West Chester instead of the whole NAM|US|OH|WEST%20CHESTER thing?!? (not even sure if I can do that since I am using the "All Cities" cab.)

Last edited by mapleleaf14; 01-27-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff

I noticed the same IDS_STATE_0 issue and I think it might be an AccuWeather issue. I use Forecastfox as a Firefox add-on which also uses AccuWeather for it's data and it's been flaking out recently as well.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:40 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i think i do remember that happening to me too. i just dont update my weather that often. hope it fixed now.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

mrfett79 is becoming a great contributor

Just a thought. I too am running the weather database editor and have been experiencing the IDS_STATE_0 issue. When we installed the editor I believe that our weather info was going to a server hosted by the developer of the editor. Could this be a problem with the "new" server?
Old 01-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

mcentreville is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02840 View Post
I noticed the same IDS_STATE_0 issue and I think it might be an AccuWeather issue. I use Forecastfox as a Firefox add-on which also uses AccuWeather for it's data and it's been flaking out recently as well.
Same here, both with the Diamond and with Firefox. Before the Diamond, I had a Treo 650 and used the program 4cast, which tied into Yahoo weather. Yahoo was always changing their data format, which required the developer of 4cast to constantly release fixes to his program. I'm hoping the same isn't happening now with AccuWeather.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
Same here, both with the Diamond and with Firefox. Before the Diamond, I had a Treo 650 and used the program 4cast, which tied into Yahoo weather. Yahoo was always changing their data format, which required the developer of 4cast to constantly release fixes to his program. I'm hoping the same isn't happening now with AccuWeather.
Ahhhh yes. The good 'ole days of 4cast. That was always one of the first apps on my Treos. Wish Shimon would develop for WM but it looks like he's sticking with Palm and also working iPhone and Android now. Too bad, he's a good developer. I seem to remember when the Yahoo thing was happening we'd lose the weather until an update was applied. I didn't think it was intermittant like this so hopefully it's not the same issue.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

any fixes yet, im having this problem as well!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I had that problem yesterday on one TP & today on another, but both seem to be working now.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro