PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: iContact & iDialer & thumbCal on Touch Pro

what is the best way to get driving directions with iContact to use with Sprint Telenav? Do I just click on manage contact, then menu, then drive to? Or is there a quicker way to get directions from your contacts list?
Old 01-26-2009, 11:01 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Burt Edition works good. It defaults to iContacts if pressing Start/Contacts. But does anyone know how to default it by going to TF3D People Tab/Left Soft Key (All People)? That still defaults to WinMo Contacts.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

donkeythekidd is keeping up the good workdonkeythekidd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
Burt Edition works good. It defaults to iContacts if pressing Start/Contacts. But does anyone know how to default it by going to TF3D People Tab/Left Soft Key (All People)? That still defaults to WinMo Contacts.
I used ssMaPa. You can follow the instructions posted above. I had to disable TF3D first to get it to take.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
Not sure about iDialer(don't use it) but for icontact, use a program called ssMaPa http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=ssmapa

After Init, in settings, replace POutlook. Check mark "Patch Enabled" and in the new program field, point it to /program files/icontact/icontact.exe (note to use FORWARD slashes "/", not "\"), then click SAVE. Then go into deploy and deploy patch and soft reset.

While you are in ssMaPa, you can also fix the Calendar issue with not starting on the correct view you select(if you select Day, Week, Month it will still end up on Agenda). Just do the same steps, but instead of replacing the program, just remove the $ from the Arguments field.
i followed this directions 100% and still when i go to contacts, then click on the contact it still goes to the outlook details for that contact. Please advise
Old 01-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
i followed this directions 100% and still when i go to contacts, then click on the contact it still goes to the outlook details for that contact. Please advise
Hmm, there is one trick I think I missed. should be like this...

1. On config screen make sure you have TouchFlo 3D selected(depending on version you may not have this tab)
2. Goto Init tab, press Init and wait for it to bring up listing of programs
3. Highlight "Replace Poutlook"
4. Checkmark "Patch Enabled"
5. In the "New Program" file put /Program Files/iContact/iContact.exe
6. In the "Arguments" field put a $
7. Press the Deploy tab
8. Press Deploy Patch.

These are like before. Now here is the trick, after it looks like it is done, the program is still actually running in the background, so do NOT restart. Go BACK to the ssMaPa program and you should see a dialog about something being digitally signed and it will ask you if you would like to remove it. Select YES. Then go back AGAIN and you should have some sort of OK type dialog. When you see this, then you can restart and it should take.

If you do not say YES to unsigning the digitally signed file, it will not take. Now, I'm not sure if this still comes up if you disable TouchFlo first before doing all this, so you may want to disable TouchFlo before doing the patching. Disabling TF3D may also prevent ssMaPa from dropping to the background and not being able to the the prompt about unsigning the file.

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 01-29-2009 at 06:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

I followed those directions and now TF3D goes into a endless restart loop...

I have spent 2 hours today getting either the clock, background, and now this to work and NOTHING is going right, my god. I dont mind tinkering with my phone to get it to where I want it but this goes way beyond that... sorry just really frustrated right now.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

I don't know what else to say because I dunno what else you have done to your phone. Everyone is ifferent. ssMaPa has never caused issue for me, however, that's not to say it won't.

The only thing I could see as to why it wasn't working for you in the first place was, were you pressing the Save key, to save the change, before deploying it? It will not remember what you just changed, if you don't. However, that shouldn't cause any issues like you are experiencing. It just won't make the change.

Beyond that, I dunno. It could be something else you have installed didn't like what ssMaPa did and thus why you are having the issues.

I will say, I usually make regular backups(I use Sprite) for situations like yours. I know, at some point, with the amount of tinkering I do, I will be in your shoes, with the same issues. It's inevitable.... this is Windows/Microsoft we are dealing with.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I have since re flashed my device and your directions works 100% as described (got to love WM), but when i go to the people tab and then click on the person it STILL goes to poutlook and not iContact, does this not fix that either?
Old 02-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

also, i want to map sms chat with the new hd people tab (one with the buttons for call sms etc) does anyone know if I map sms with ssmapa if it will go to that contact or will it just boot up sms chat (i feel like ive done this before and thats what happned)?
Old 02-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

also has anyone had any luck getting iContact, click on SMS to go to SMS-Chat and that contact, seems to just open up sms chat (vito sms not default)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro