PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   No signal while "Roaming Only" (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54280)

avgas 01-22-2009 12:18 AM

No signal while "Roaming Only"

I'm using the stock sprint Rom, with the SprintCleanup cab, and I just found out that the "Roaming Only" Regedit is included. However, when I select the Romaing Only option, I get no signal what so ever. I left it in roaming and drove across town and could not pick up a signal, Im pretty sure there are other networks in my area. Anyone had this problem? Thanks

vesty16277 01-22-2009 01:19 AM

Re: No signal while "Roaming Only"

I use the Roaming only option and it works great. Check your PRL you may need to update.

CountryDevil 01-22-2009 01:22 AM

I too have no problems with the Roam Only option... I would do what vesty said and update your PRL. Nine times out of ten this is the issue. Especially when it is a farily new phone. (Only a few days out of the box.)

avgas 01-22-2009 01:40 AM

No PRL Updates Available

Wow, this is weird, could this be a problem with my sprint plan? Im on Sero

WarChild 01-22-2009 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avgas (Post 657603)
I'm using the stock sprint Rom, with the SprintCleanup cab, and I just found out that the "Roaming Only" Regedit is included. However, when I select the Romaing Only option, I get no signal what so ever. I left it in roaming and drove across town and could not pick up a signal, Im pretty sure there are other networks in my area. Anyone had this problem? Thanks

I have the same problem have had 2 differnt phones and they both did the same thing.

vesty16277 01-22-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avgas (Post 657786)
No PRL Updates Available

Wow, this is weird, could this be a problem with my sprint plan? Im on Sero

Are you literally getting no bars or isn't it letting you make phone calls?

Go to settings, comm manager, settings, select phone, sevices tab, roaming and make sure that all your settings allow for roaming and no call guard.

As far as your plan allowing it? I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure regardless it will let you make calls, they will just charge you roaming charges.

Do some searching around about adding roaming only to the mogul. If my mind serves me right there were some issues like your explaining when the reg edit first came out for the mogul after they disabled the function.

BTW your PRL I believe should be 60650. I've had to call and ask for an HRL update sometimes when I can't make calls while roaming.

avgas 01-22-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vesty16277 (Post 658650)

Go to settings, comm manager, settings, select phone, sevices tab, roaming and make sure that all your settings allow for roaming and no call guard.

As far as your plan allowing it? I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure regardless it will let you make calls, they will just charge you roaming charges.

Do some searching around about adding roaming only to the mogul. If my mind serves me right there were some issues like your explaining when the reg edit first came out for the mogul after they disabled the function.

BTW your PRL I believe should be 60650. I've had to call and ask for an HRL update sometimes when I can't make calls while roaming.

Thanks for the imput man,
I get no signal and cannot make calls, my PRL is 60614.
I've searched all over, did not find any threads on this.
What is HRL? Im thinking of calling sprint

WarChild 01-22-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vesty16277 (Post 658650)

well when i select it I get no bars it just keeps searching for signal. when i do the update prl it says no updates available.

avgas 01-22-2009 03:13 PM

PRL ID - 60614
PRL capability (PRL type) - IS-683C
PRL capability (prefer only) - Disable
PRL capability (default roaming) - 160

can anyone check their PRL settings?

p-slim 01-22-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avgas (Post 657603)

You shouldn't be having this problem, i recommend using this registry edit to get roaming.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41992