PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Push Email?

Nothing?
Old 01-21-2009, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You're not getting replies b/c you won't search for your answers.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre baby!
Carrier: Sprint

z28marols1 is keeping up the good workz28marols1 is keeping up the good work

There are sites out there you can sign up with that will create an exchange server source that will pull your info off of popular email servers... In addition to the email forwarding and Live push that i mentioned before I use Nuevasync which will allow for pushing of contacts and calender through Outlook. Theres also a program called ImapPusherService that will push email from IMAP sources and tell outlook to sync when a new message arrives.

Keep in mind you should really search this first, there really is a wealth of information already posted. That is where i got everything I have found so far.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc0480 View Post
Yeah I've heard of others pushing their Yahoo as well, just wondering how they were doing it... Just trying to conserve battery... Heard that using push email saves the battery a bit. That way it's not going out and checking at a specified time...
This is 100% inaccurate...gmail was one of the first to support push...Yahoo supports POP which is pull email...gmail supports imap idle protocol which is true push, like a blackberry...combined with a program that supports it like flexmail, you can receive and send messages instantly as they hit the server...

Push email, in my experience, at least on the Touch Pro, does NOT save any battery life, and more likely, eats it...I have two accts set for push email on my Touch Pro, and get 12 hours battery life max, with minimal browsing, texting and phone calls...
Old 01-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28marols1 View Post
I've heard of people have yahoo pushed to their TP, I personally have gmail which does not have push natively yet. so what i do is have all my gmail forwarded to a live account i created just for this, and the MSN client built in to WM does push for live or hotmail beautifully. I recieve my emails quicker than they update on the web or in the notifier....
this works very well. and b/c its natively built into the windows live program on the phone its the one i trust the most with my battery.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yahoo supports imap too.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre baby!

z28marols1 is keeping up the good workz28marols1 is keeping up the good work

What i meant by gmail not having push natively was that you cant just set up outlook for gmail with imap and have gmail push email to your phone. You have to have another program start the process. And those other programs do use the idle command. IMAP doesnt mean push, push is just a feature of IMAP that can be used when setup correctly.

EDIT: Push email does conserve battery life when compared to Outlook pulling email off the server "As Items Arrive." So what he said was correct.

Last edited by z28marols1; 01-21-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work

There's a confirmed problem with Seven that certain data, at least with Sprint, doesn't work or can stop working.
I've dumped it for bow since they say it's a WM problem that doesn't effect their regular product only the Betas.
Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 01-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor

Here's a thought? So if I were to leave Outlook up and running is there a program that I can run in the background that will push my email? Something sort of like Exchange Server, but local? Just wondering here if I can push my email and also have my contacts, calendar, and tasks sync up as well...
Old 01-22-2009, 12:11 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc0480 View Post
Here's a thought? So if I were to leave Outlook up and running is there a program that I can run in the background that will push my email? Something sort of like Exchange Server, but local? Just wondering here if I can push my email and also have my contacts, calendar, and tasks sync up as well...
Seven can.

I haven't run into many issues with Seven.

Sure, occasionally I do run into issues where the mail isn't pushed immediately, but this seems to be once every two weeks, and it never lasts for more than 15 minutes. Just leaving it alone causes it to start working again, I figured there was just trouble on Seven's end.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro