PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 01:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Car Stereo / Touch Pro combinations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post

Bottom line is the Parrot box seems to work really well. I am not sure if Sony or Pioneer are offering that as an outboard option yet.
Parrot stuff does work well. My dbl din Eclipse head unit uses an outboard Parrot BT unit (I bought it on ebay for about 1/2 what Crutchfield charges) also & it works super.

~John
Old 04-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Moot point if you have a 16gig card, but check your bitrate on your mp3, 128 blows IMO all of my music is encoded at 196 or higher. You can hear a difference on better quality systems. And the remote to my radio can change track on audio manager and media player, but will not work on tcpmp, anyone know how to fix that?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 05-01-2009, 06:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G
Carrier: SPRINT

geminit69 is a n00b

Hey I have the JVC: KD-AVX44J. Yea its not that cheap of a radio but. I love it. I was stalking it while I was overseas and bout it when I came home. Everyone loves it that gets into my car.

If offers the function to have your text messages pop up on the screen, also. Dont freak out though you can turn this feature on and off. It works with other phones better than my TP. I can only have my text pop up sometimes. You can program up to 50 people for caller id. A number just shows up on the screen if there name isnt program into the deck. But I will leave the url so you can check out the specs.

Also this radio will amp your system in your car like crazy if you have a nice system in the trunk like I do. I thought I was deaf before, now i cant hear anything. Its awesome

http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?mo...hId=133&page=1

check it out!!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 07:44 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminit69 View Post

If offers the function to have your text messages pop up on the screen,
LOL, that would definitely stop me from buying THAT unit. That is something I NEVER want to happen, even by accident..........

~John
Old 05-01-2009, 07:48 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminit69 View Post

Also this radio will amp your system in your car like crazy
Are you talking about with external AMP's??

I ask because the 20x4 internal AMP in this head unit is nowhere near enough to power any serious audio system (I sold & installed high end car audio for years)

~John
Old 05-01-2009, 10:37 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Are you talking about with external AMP's??

I ask because the 20x4 internal AMP in this head unit is nowhere near enough to power any serious audio system (I sold & installed high end car audio for years)

~John
hook us up with some connections for killer deals then holms

Old 07-27-2009, 11:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thehatguy is a n00b

I just had an Eclipse CD5030 installed. I got it to Bluetooth sync w/ hands free and stereo, but I could not import contacts from my phonebook. Right now I'm using MightyRom 6 on my Touch Pro. I tried installing a program called JETware that adds more Bluetooth compatibility, but it didn't help. I may try switching ROMs and trying to sync it with a simpler phonebook (no pictures and multiple phone numbers). Also, using voice command over the external mic was not very practical because it required to many steps. I recommend taking your phone to an audio dealer to make sure all the features you want work. Overall the Eclipse deck is really nice and should be considered.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Talking Re: Car Stereo / Touch Pro combinations...

This is my '96 Avenger

60k miles
V6 - auto - minor engine upgrades

Stereo slams pretty decent. I need a amp for the door speakers yet. I'm going to replace the Legacy amp with something decent. I'm going to grab a decibel meter this weekend and see what it hits. I will also take pictures of the install..for now just some stock pictures.
Its nothing fancy, just a clean setup, on a budget. Everything was new besides the legacy amp, I've got about $1500 invested.

I just hook up my TP using the headphone jack.. I've been considering getting the Kenwood bluetooth accessory so I can do it that way, but most of my music is pumped in through the ipod.

My Car Stereo

Deck
Kenwood KDC-X693

Amps
Alpine MRP-M1000

Legacy LA120

Speakers
Rear Deck - Pioneer TS-A6963R 6x9's 3-Way

Front Door - JL Audio TR525-CXi 5 1/4's 2-Way

Subs - JL Audio CS212RG-W1v2-2

Wiring
Scosche 1600 Watt Amp and Cap Wiring Kit

Scosche Platinum A25C2 Car Stereo RCA Audio Cable(for legacy amp)

Accessories
30gb 3rd Gen Video iPod (controlled by the deck)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro