PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch pro will not turn on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy2classy View Post
Yes, I purchased the Touch Pro phone through Best Buy.
Are you saying Sprint will allow me to swap it out even though I orginally purchased it from Best Buy??
I am almost afraid to see the next headache I will experience.
Keyboard backlight is only visible for 7 seconds.

****Go Steelers...hope they win today.
thanks for the steelers going to the super bowl!now back to your problem.if you have insuranse thru sprint($7 a month tep),yes sprint will exchange.the only thing is that unless you get lucky they will have to order you 1 which takes 3 days but it will be new and straight from sprints' warehouse.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
If sprint wont I know HTC has to by law.

And per BestBuy policy they support MFG warranty on every product they sell so they indeed have to help you (Even if it means JUST giving you the MFG telephone number)
Exactly! No one should have to go through that. But murphy's law says....anything that can go wrong, most definatley will....and that includes electronics. I went through 5 Power acoustik amps for my truck before I got 1 that worked correctly. The place took them back every time and I got called a few names but it's under warranty and the law!

try taking it back one more time to worst buy and see. If that doesn't work then I would talk to sprint and HTC!

And the backlight on for 7 sec is normal.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:17 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

I also have had a similar issue. Just using my phone normally, it wont turn back on. It will also not reset with the stylus. The only way to get it back on is to remove the battery and put it back in. I also bought my phone from Best Buy.

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 01-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Gatornator

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
thanks for the steelers going to the super bowl!now back to your problem.if you have insuranse thru sprint($7 a month tep),yes sprint will exchange.the only thing is that unless you get lucky they will have to order you 1 which takes 3 days but it will be new and straight from sprints' warehouse.
I wanna see Philly and steelers in the bowl! My team crapped out ...(The Suckaneers, but oh well)!
Old 01-18-2009, 12:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Exactly! No one should have to go through that. But murphy's law says....anything that can go wrong, most definatley will....and that includes electronics. I went through 5 Power acoustik amps for my truck before I got 1 that worked correctly. The place took them back every time and I got called a few names but it's under warranty and the law!

try taking it back one more time to worst buy and see. If that doesn't work then I would talk to sprint and HTC!

And the backlight on for 7 sec is normal.
No no, he hasnt taken it in for the first time. I was just asnwering for the possibilities....

If they tell you no at BBY let us know... I know how to get what I want from them ;c) Maybe because its I managed one for 4 years? Hmmm ;c)

But yeah, I know ALL the fine print and dealt with this sort of crap on the regular.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 01-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Gatornator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness231 View Post
I also have had a similar issue. Just using my phone normally, it wont turn back on. It will also not reset with the stylus. The only way to get it back on is to remove the battery and put it back in. I also bought my phone from Best Buy.
Man, people are having more issues with Tp's from BB! Why is that i wonder?? I know they are packaged good but could it be the way they treat them when they come in? Like throwing them around and stuff?

Have you tried a hard reset? I know, stupid question but had to ask!
Old 01-18-2009, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Man, people are having more issues with Tp's from BB! Why is that i wonder?? I know they are packaged good but could it be the way they treat them when they come in? Like throwing them around and stuff?

Have you tried a hard reset? I know, stupid question but had to ask!

Its coincidence and rate of posts. Meaning that more people complain about the phoens they get from BBY or at a higher rate.

Even though I hate them I wont lie about things... They get the same phones, same everything as everyone else.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Gatornator

Quote:
No no, he hasnt taken it in for the first time. I was just asnwering for the possibilities....

If they tell you no at BBY let us know... I know how to get what I want from them ;c) Maybe because its I managed one for 4 years? Hmmm ;c)

But yeah, I know ALL the fine print and dealt with this sort of crap on the regular.
LOL, I was agreeing with you in what you said =D>
Old 01-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Gatornator

Quote:
Its coincidence and rate of posts. Meaning that more people complain about the phoens they get from BBY or at a higher rate.

Even though I hate them I wont lie about things... They get the same phones, same everything as everyone else.
Yeah true....
Old 01-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Lurker

sassy2classy is a n00b

I was told my sprint representative that the backlight should remain on for 30 seconds.
Not sure how true that is.
As soon as mine comes on I blink and it's back off.
I have not had the luxury of enjoying this phone that I waited for since I purchased it on 12/19.
Each phone has had it's own issue.
I changed Best Buy stores because I was convinced the first store had crappy phones.
But today is my last day and really don't know what to do.
My only complaint since I've had this one for maybe 2 weeks is...that backlight that I can live with and the fact that it froze this morning.
I'm just wondering what will happen on the 20th...maybe I shouldn't wonder that.

Any suggestions....keep it or return it???????????????

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro