PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

FalloutMan is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wmwifirouter huge lag issue

Hey guys, so I am a big WoW player. In my barracks I dont wanna pay for internet in my room since im leavin my station soon so I have been tryin to use my phone to get on teh net and play WoW after the 3 places that have free wifi close for the day. I tried the ICS hacks and that never worked so I DLd the trial of WMWifiRouter (which works pretty dang well) and I can successfully get on the net after I reset my tcp/ip stack on my laptop every once in awhile. I still seem to be plagued with connection issues every once in awhile. My main problem is I can log into WoW and play for about 10 minutes at no more than 500ms ping but soon afterwards it starts to increase as high as 8000ms ping and becomes unplayable. I have to try everything on wmwifirouter's site to get internet again but the problem always occurs no matter what. Im running the stock sprint 1.03.651.3 rom and radio 1.03.15F. I dunno what to do : / Anyone ever see this issue or know how to fix it? Id buy wmwifi if I didnt get lagged outta WoW.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:44 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: wmwifirouter huge lag issue

Waow dude‚ whatcha got under wifi ad-hoc settings?got security?
Old 01-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

i got a stupid question.. can we use the internet connection that is being sent to our laptop, and broadcast that specific ethernet connection as a wireless connection via wifirouter?

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 01-17-2009, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

FalloutMan is just getting started

Aight my settings are as follows (this is everything I set when setting up a new connection):
Cellular Connection: Sprint (not PaM)
Wifi Network Managment: Stored (Dynamic yields same results)
Network Type: Ad-Hoc
Encryption: WEP
Encryption key index: 1
Laptop OS: Vista
Let me know if you need anything else.

And BLue, I think one of the options is USBtoWiFi which might be what your lookin for. Try it out, Ive never tried since I just started usin wmwifi.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro