PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

speck is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hotfix for HD, why not for Touch Pro?

What I like about this place is that someone always comes up with a way to describe a problem I am having, but can't figure out how to explain!

+1 here also.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:09 AM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Mine doesnt do what you described.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: vzw

creedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to creedin Send a message via MSN to creedin

mine happens when im sometimes typing in the keyboard
Old 01-17-2009, 12:24 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

where is the update i might be able to make it work

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 01-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldersoul View Post
is anything "an" etiquette? ****tard.
LOL....................
Old 01-17-2009, 12:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
Considering we seem to be suffering the same issue??? The HD hotfix adresses an issue where if you touch the screen many times rapidly, it will cause the screen to freeze completely for 3-5 seconds. My Touch Pro does the same thing! Is there any way this hotfix can be hacked to to work on the Touch Pro??
I never noticed this. Is it any specific app or just in general?

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 01-17-2009, 12:54 AM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

its a gfx drive update, specifically display wont work for the pro just checked.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:55 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
I never noticed this. Is it any specific app or just in general?
seems to be more of a sprint issue
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This can happen in ANY app, even on the today screen. It happens if I am tapping on screen a lot, going through menu's or playing games or anything that I'm tapping frequently, then suddenly the screen will completely freeze (though if I'm playing a game, for instance, the game will still be running, sound effects still playing, though the actual frame will be frozen/no animation). It usually stays frozen for about 5 seconds.

Juggalo - as far as it being incompatible, I'm willing to bet that it can be made to work. I've been reading in the Blackstone forums at XDA and seeing that the Touch HD and Touch Pro really seem to have very much in common, hardware wise. There is definitely a high level of compatibility there especially when it comes to video drivers, different things they are trying to get better graphical performance worked on my phone as well (though I saw no real improvement from any of them). The HTC Hotfix apparently replaces a few dll's (I'm particularly interested in the ddi.dll), and their own description of the hotfix is to address the exact issue I described above. To see the exact same behavior on both phones leaves me 99% certain that the fix can also apply the same to both phones... I would be happy to guinea pig the dll files if someone can somehow get them out of the hotfix file. I'm going to try to download it right now and see what happens when I run the .exe on my laptop.

Here is HTC's description of the issue on their support site: "Sometimes the screen stops responding for about 3 to 5 seconds when running an application that needs to use the stylus to click the screen repeatedly within a short time. For example, the windows built-in software like SMS, email, solitaire, etc."

Last edited by bast525; 01-17-2009 at 04:09 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:00 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
seems to be more of a sprint issue
how would this just be a sprint issue? this fix was made for the HD, which is definitely not for sprint. why would sprints touch pro be any different than any other cdma providors touch pro(besides verizons obviously).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro