PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

martinl78 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Calls answered/ignored removing from holster

Anyone have a flat phone like the HTC Touch Pro or Fuze such that when you lock the phone or turn the screen off before putting in your holster, when the phone rings the screen wakes up and just moving the phone in the holster causes enough activity on the touch screen to either answer or ignore the call?

Looking for some ideas as to how to avoid this. Was not a problem on my XV6700 since the screen was a little bit recessed...

Thanks.
Martin
Old 01-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

lulugirl896 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to lulugirl896
Re: Calls answered/ignored removing from holster

You need an app like Slide2Unlock or PocketShield. They lock your screen and require you to touch the screen a particular way to unlock it.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Use this....It will make your dial pad black (which I prefer) but you have to slide it to answer or ignore. It's from the touch HD. Works great on my TP. All you have to do is install, no need to disable TF3D!

Can't find the original poster To give him thanks though.

EDIT: Credit goes to MrHawaii and the folks over at xda-developers

Last edited by gator352; 01-13-2009 at 06:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Lurker

Gforce is a n00b

I'm gonna try that slide to answer.=D>

I've missed 95% of my calls because the person gets hung up on when the screen wakes up, How F-ing stupid were they not to have this from the beginning.

Installed and tested while I wrote this and it works. Thank God I can finally stop having to call EVERYONE back instead of just answering the phone.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

try my rom with slide to answer unlock HTC phone canvas

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 01-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Gatornator

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforce View Post
I'm gonna try that slide to answer.=D>

I've missed 95% of my calls because the person gets hung up on when the screen wakes up, How F-ing stupid were they not to have this from the beginning.

Installed and tested while I wrote this and it works. Thank God I can finally stop having to call EVERYONE back instead of just answering the phone.
Remember to hit that Green button for me!! Glad it worked!
Old 01-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Gatornator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
try my rom with slide to answer unlock HTC phone canvas
I would try your rom but I have never flashed a new rom before so I'm not sure what it curtails. Plus, honestly, My stock sprint TP is running flawlessly and has since day 1......maybe when I get up the nerve!! But I have read great things about your rom!
Old 01-13-2009, 05:36 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Use this....It will make your dial pad black (which I prefer) but you have to slide it to answer or ignore. It's from the touch HD. Works great on my TP. All you have to do is install, no need to disable TF3D!

Can't find the original poster To give him thanks though.
Here is the the OP and the thread. Hope you like it. Please read the known issues.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...643#post610643
Old 01-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Gatornator

[quote=MrHawaii;637714]Here is the the OP and the thread. Hope you like it. Please read the known issues.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...643[/quote]

LOL, sorry man! It was YOU!! I looked for it, but I musta missed it somehow, I do apologize!!! As for issues, it works perfectly on my TP, no issues whatsoever!

Last edited by gator352; 01-13-2009 at 06:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

cal_j is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to cal_j Send a message via MSN to cal_j

Installed and liking it so far

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro