PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ATI Driver for Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
Hmm what ROM are you running on? And what is your upstream bandwidth?

I am running on eRice's Clean ROM (Dec 19 built), and I got 2Mbps upstream at home. I can get around 30 fps with 320kbps and normal heat from the network activities.
In erice's kitchen did you cook the monia driver or stay with the standard driver?

Last edited by bruceo; 01-16-2009 at 12:52 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor

i find a signicant improvement in slingbox with the diamond ati d3d driver. framerates are now a constant 29fps while before they never went above 23 and were often below.

Last edited by hoddy4; 01-16-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddy4 View Post
i find a signicant improvement in slingbox with the diamond ati d3d driver. framerates are now a constant 29fps while before they never went above 23 and were often below.
That seems to be just opposite of what most people find.

I have actually tried everything I can think of to improve my Sling Mobile performance in the TouchPro, & have never even come close to the performance I used to get in my Titan (where it worked perfectly, which annoys the hell out of me).

I have a fast Roadrunner Turbo cable connection & Sling works awesome in my laptop & my computer at worrk, the only place it is disappointing is in the TouchPro (which figures because that is where I use it the most)

~John
Old 01-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr g View Post
There is no conceivable way the Direct3D driver could affect the exposure time of the camera.
you are right about this statement, however if you keep up with the threads about drivers, there is no pure d3d or 2d driver updating one usually has an impact on all other aspects of video performance.

That being said there is processing between the sensor and the buffer and since the sensor cannot actually hold data it has to stay open the whole time while that processing happens. on highend cameras there is another dedicated processor that does this. on low end the main processor handles this, but either way there is video processing happening.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker

The improvement that I see is in the portrait mode which is where Slingplayer will show statistics. When I switch to landscape, the performance does subjectively seem worse than before.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker

After using the Diamond ATI d3d driver a little more, I have to conclude that it doesn't improve my Slingbox performance. Slingbox performance (framerate) at the highest resolution (320x240) is not as good as my ppc6700 or the Mogul. Of course, you can reduce resolution to increase framerate, but that reduces the optimal size of the output screen.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:23 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Slingbox performance (framerate) at the highest resolution (320x240) is not as good as my ppc6700 or the Mogul. .
Yea, that's been my experience also.

~John
Old 01-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

yea, the only issues i have with the pro are its graphics performance (particularly slingbox) and the heating issue. i'm hoping that the graphics can be fixed by a driver (or maybe an optimization of slingplayer), but the heat issues may require a hardware redesign unless someone can come up with a clever rear cover that removes heat more effectively. from my perspective the pro and the ppc6700 have been the best of the htcs.

Last edited by hoddy4; 01-16-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:48 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
yea, the only issues i have with the pro are its graphics performance (particularly slingbox) and the heating issue. .
I haven't had any heat problems with mine, but the graphics performance is definitely disappointing IMHO.

~John
Old 01-16-2009, 07:53 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

if you want a problem with heating, let your battery drain down to 20%, put it on the charger, enable bluetooth and talk on it for a bit. when the phone dies, you've officially had a problem with heating.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro