PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH
Carrier: SPRINT

88jr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Remove the Yellow Focus from the Taskbar...?

First, go to the registry and navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\EnlargeMenu

What option of the 5 do I choose to make this change to? I have Default, BackgroundShift, DisableLandscape, Enable, WaitAllAwake?
Old 01-03-2009, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

MaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88jr View Post
First, go to the registry and navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\EnlargeMenu

What option of the 5 do I choose to make this change to? I have Default, BackgroundShift, DisableLandscape, Enable, WaitAllAwake?
Keep scrolling down. The two you need are:

ManilaCustomHlDown and ManilaCustomHlUp.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

MaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good work

Ok, based on what eeenieMINI wrote, I am looking at this entry HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager and I chose to disable it....Not working. GRRR! I was able to disable Start Menu! Grrr! Let's see.....
Old 01-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I LOVE my start Icon thank you very much.... I think I got it from someoone on here......

OH YEAH! YOU... I cabbed up a couple of them so I can switch them out now and then.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Also, ManilaCustomGrid will determine the colors of the dotted lines between items on the task/start menu... and ManilaCustomTexture is the previously mentioned png file in windows.. I just take it to photoshop and change the hue.... I've also edited it to be a 4x4 pattern with success but haven't tried a full size pic so it doesn't tile yet... I'm happy with the way my phone looks right now.

As far as disabling what are you trying to turn off? You want the regular start menu and no taskmanager?
Old 01-04-2009, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Also, ManilaCustomGrid will determine the colors of the dotted lines between items on the task/start menu... and ManilaCustomTexture is the previously mentioned png file in windows.. I just take it to photoshop and change the hue.... I've also edited it to be a 4x4 pattern with success but haven't tried a full size pic so it doesn't tile yet... I'm happy with the way my phone looks right now.

As far as disabling what are you trying to turn off? You want the regular start menu and no taskmanager?
Thanks for that! Yeah, I have been tweaking stuff in Paint.NET. I disabled the HTC Start Menu (6 items on my start menu is not enough!) so I disabled it. There is a reg setting, but it is also in the UI....Path is Start > Settings > System > TouchFLO. There you untick the Enable large Start Menu.

Or, you can disable it in the registry in that same key (HKLM >...> EnlargeMenu). Anyway, I tried disabling it in the one you listed (HKCU > ... > TaskManager) by changing Enable from 1 to 0 and nada. So.....I just did as you did and changed the color. Manila is pretty darn invasive!

So, now, this is what I got:

Thank you SOOO much for the clue about using the 2 colors, though. Adds a sense of richness

Last edited by MaryGladys; 01-04-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
I LOVE my start Icon thank you very much.... I think I got it from someoone on here......

OH YEAH! YOU... I cabbed up a couple of them so I can switch them out now and then.

Thank you for cabbing! It is much appreciated!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Still a Geek

Cabbing is easy with that cabwize program so long as you're doing one thing. I am not successful at cabbing reg edits and frankly I feel safer going in and make the changes unless its cabbed already (Not one that needs cabbing) cause I just seem to miss something ..
Anyway.. Cabwize will give you the chance to just select all the files and point to the windows directory (or whatever directory they should go into) and it cabs right up and works great for those files that are hard to overwrite with drag/drop technique. I am not successful at making a cab that has files going to more than one location.. but it could be user inexperience...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro