PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf
8 gb storage card !!

ok maybe u guys could help. i bought a 8 gb card and loving it so far. now im trying to dl videos on to it but its saying that my card is full... so i went start,setting,system,memory.... on the main screen it shows that i only have 328.02mb of space. but when i go to the actual storage card it shows up almost empty. is there anyway to reset the main page to what space i actually have on card !! sorry for the long thread !! lol
Old 01-03-2009, 05:28 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: 8 gb storage card !!

May be you got a knock off card from Cuba or ebay that is a fake....just kidding but it ia a possibility, what card did you have b4?did your TP read it right? did you try another card? put the 8GB in your pc/laptop and report whatcha get. How long have you had the TP?more info...
Old 01-03-2009, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

FrozenIpaq is becoming a great contributor

Hopefully it is not a fake

I would recommend backing up your files on it and reformatting the card
Old 01-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

na i got a san disc from bb and the laptop reads that its just bout empty... funny jokes though !! lol. ive had my tp since nov 1st. got the 8gb disk bout 20 days ago. but i did notice that the main page in the memory box never changed when i took out the 1gb disc that came with it !! is there a way to rest it other then a hard reset. im running stock rom with 1 1/2 days of battery life with heavy use and got it pimped out to the fullest right now !! that would hurt greatly
Old 01-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

srievley is a n00b

One thing that may have happened is this: If you were using the card on a computer (either through disk drive mode or with the card in a reader) and you delete files on the card, make sure you empty the recycle bin on the desktop. When you delete files in Windows, it creates a hidden folder called "Recycler" on the volume that the deleted files exist on. Try opening the card from the computer you last used the card on and empty the recycle bin. This happened to me once and it took me a while to figure out what happened.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mikeo1313 is just getting started

make sure your reading it on a sdHC compatible reader, I had to update drivers on my p1610 (/w japanese ricoh drivers) for it to be able to recognize the hc,8gb's... before/at first reader thought my card was 500mb (though 8gb) & told me I had to format the card, which ofcourse I DIDN't do, thankfully

Last edited by mikeo1313; 01-04-2009 at 05:58 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:52 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

My understanding is that the OP has prob reading the card on his TP not PC, so ideally there will be a way to reset the reader it self on the TP or some solution of that nature..
Old 01-03-2009, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mikeo1313 is just getting started

If I simply would've overlooked the formatting, I could've just as well ended up with an identical post to his and I'm ruling out the unlikely possiblity of a phone driver corruption or card fault. My card is scandisk and even when I first loaded files on it, it never showed how much avail space there was on it, vista.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
ok maybe u guys could help. i bought a 8 gb card and loving it so far. now im trying to dl videos on to it but its saying that my card is full... so i went start,setting,system,memory.... on the main screen it shows that i only have 328.02mb of space. but when i go to the actual storage card it shows up almost empty. is there anyway to reset the main page to what space i actually have on card !! sorry for the long thread !! lol
hmm don't mean to ask such a silly question... but the 328 is device memory... so of course that is never going to change. were you thinking that was your storage card memory? i can't tell by how you worded it when you said "when i go to the actual storage card," but it sounds like u only looked at the main screen (and in the storage card folder itself) and didnt click on the "storage card" tab at the bottom in start>setting>system>memory... the storage card tab should say almost 8 thousand MB. Maybe you had a brainfart and tried to put a huge video file on device memory instead of the storage card?

If i'm just confused by your post and none of this is right then sorry and disregard.
I have a 8gb sandisk from bb too and it works great.

Last edited by orlandojumpoff; 01-03-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
hmm don't mean to ask such a silly question... but the 328 is device memory... so of course that is never going to change. were you thinking that was your storage card memory? i can't tell by how you worded it when you said "when i go to the actual storage card," but it sounds like u only looked at the main screen (and in the storage card folder itself) and didnt click on the "storage card" tab at the bottom in start>setting>system>memory... the storage card tab should say almost 8 thousand MB. Maybe you had a brainfart and tried to put a huge video file on device memory instead of the storage card?

If i'm just confused by your post and none of this is right then sorry and disregard.
I have a 8gb sandisk from bb too and it works great.
right on.... im talking bout the main page. its telling me that i cant download cause my storage is full !! what can i delete to make more room. the videos i was downloading was going to storage card but im guessing it makes a temp file on device storage ... how much storage do u have left on yours of the 328 ?!?!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro