PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Palm Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

czrman99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 8 gb storage card !!

Simply take it back to Best Buy and get another one.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

enter260 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
hmm don't mean to ask such a silly question... but the 328 is device memory... so of course that is never going to change. were you thinking that was your storage card memory? i can't tell by how you worded it when you said "when i go to the actual storage card," but it sounds like u only looked at the main screen (and in the storage card folder itself) and didnt click on the "storage card" tab at the bottom in start>setting>system>memory... the storage card tab should say almost 8 thousand MB. Maybe you had a brainfart and tried to put a huge video file on device memory instead of the storage card?

If i'm just confused by your post and none of this is right then sorry and disregard.
I have a 8gb sandisk from bb too and it works great.
i agree completely
Old 01-03-2009, 07:59 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

even more confusing now lol..seriously this needs to be decoded...if you have an 8GB, why in the world you wouldnt have enough space! and then you guess it makes a temporary file on the device....right on you have succeeded man at putting your video in a device that read 328 but it is 8 on the main screen,,,,
Old 01-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
right on.... im talking bout the main page. its telling me that i cant download cause my storage is full !! what can i delete to make more room. the videos i was downloading was going to storage card but im guessing it makes a temp file on device storage ... how much storage do u have left on yours of the 328 ?!?!
shouldnt matter.. i have 90mb left on device storage... and i put 2 500mb movies on my card at the same time the other day... did you use activesync or the direct storage card transfer method? when putting large files on your storage card it's best to use the "disk drive" mode when u connect your phone.

do everyone a favor and take a screenshot of your storage card tab in settings>system>memory>storage card tab (not main device memory tab)... just so we can see what your device is reading the card as... oh, and take a screenshot of your device memory while you're at it... it would be good for us to see both to get an idea of what you're talking about because we're all kind of confused as to what's going on on your side.

here is a free screen capture program if u dont have one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=capsure

Last edited by orlandojumpoff; 01-03-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf

im at work right now so cant post pics. but i have a feeling i messed up. the card is reading fine... i think. but the storage on the main page. says i have 7.0mb left. now what ??
Old 01-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

can someone take a pic of theres and ill point it out on that one ?!?! its driving me mad ! i was downloading it thru opera on my tp
Old 01-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
na i got a san disc from bb and the laptop reads that its just bout empty... funny jokes though !! lol. ive had my tp since nov 1st. got the 8gb disk bout 20 days ago. but i did notice that the main page in the memory box never changed when i took out the 1gb disc that came with it !! is there a way to rest it other then a hard reset. im running stock rom with 1 1/2 days of battery life with heavy use and got it pimped out to the fullest right now !! that would hurt greatly
I would be carefull with that card. I was looking into that card but after reading the (although limited) reviews about the card on the BB site, it seems it fails for many after only about 2 weeks. Perhaps this could be the issue.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:10 PM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Dude you are dowloading the video to the TP memory, that is why, change saving location to your SD
Old 01-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ok did the change ... now how do i fine the location of what i was downloadin to remove it from my tp and clean up some storage ?!?! thanks !! and how much storage space do u have ?? on the tp is what i mean . not s card

Last edited by cuban4lf; 01-03-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:40 PM
DaFlowMaster

Go to programs/file explorer/my device/ it has to be there either as a stand alone or may be under internal storage or under my documents-videos..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro