PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 05:01 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Idea for the wait icon...

So after playing with the ipod touch I got my brother over Christmas, something occurred to me: The ipod touch isnt snappy at EVERYTHING, but that little white screen expanding from the center helps distract you from loading times.

So, then I downloaded the iDiamond project. Heck of a touchflo mod right there. Very fluid and responsive. I noticed he had the white screen effect instead of the wait icon, and sure enough it does distract you from load times.

Is there a way to change the wait icon to a single loop animation of the white screen expanding from the center?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Idea for the wait icon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
So after playing with the ipod touch I got my brother over Christmas, something occurred to me: The ipod touch isnt snappy at EVERYTHING, but that little white screen expanding from the center helps distract you from loading times.

So, then I downloaded the iDiamond project. Heck of a touchflo mod right there. Very fluid and responsive. I noticed he had the white screen effect instead of the wait icon, and sure enough it does distract you from load times.

Is there a way to change the wait icon to a single loop animation of the white screen expanding from the center?

I found the icons in a dll for the busy icon, I assume thats what you are refering too. It might be possible as I have not tried but I know there are certain icons that are required to be a certain size. I don't know if this is one of those since it sits in the middle of the screen but that would probably be the only limiting factor.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sracercelica is keeping up the good worksracercelica is keeping up the good work

Quote:

So does this iDiamond project work on the TP?
Old 12-29-2008, 05:09 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Yeah it works, but it's still very beta. When it does work it's very fluid, and has that iphone-like animation when opening an app. Most of the time, adding an icon crashes the program and restarts it though. He's working on it.

idiamond works on any phone with TF3D
Old 12-29-2008, 05:15 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

I just PM'd the author of idiamond about this. I'm crossing my fingers that he'll just be like "Here, install this cab and you'll get that effect whenever an app is launched" lol
Old 12-29-2008, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Be Careful with the Idiamond Project

Quote:
I just PM'd the author of idiamond about this. I'm crossing my fingers that he'll just be like "Here, install this cab and you'll get that effect whenever an app is launched" lol

The author of the Idiamond project has done a great job with his UI.

Little problem with expiration dates tho.

Check the discussion at:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=1#post3098283
Old 12-30-2008, 11:53 AM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

well thats because he doesn't want people reporting back bugs when he's moved on to another version. Its common practice really. I can't believe people are complaining to him like they paid for this software or something.

Anyways, I spoke with him and he said its not a matter of changing a few lines in a manila file, so I reponded and asked if he got bored with some freetime someday if he could create a cab to install so we could see this app launch animation. I'll let everyone know how that goes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro