PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Curve 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Kash76 is keeping up the good workKash76 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wi-Fi turns on during calls?

I have this problem intermittently where when I make a call my Wi-Fi turns on. Anyone else have this problem?

A soft reset usually fixes it. It happens when I use speed dials, voice command, etc so I cannot pinpoint what I'm doing that causes it.

Thanks.

Many dumb phones-->Treo650-->700wx-->800w-->Touch Pro --> Treo Pro --> BB Curve 8330
Old 12-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Wi-Fi turns on during calls?

Yes it does...if you have exchange configured in activeSync, it will try to find a wifi connection (already configured that is) and sync what it needs to sync while you are on the phone...worked for me at work a few times..very nice feature...(since we cant have data and voice at the same time on CDMA networks)...
Old 12-24-2008, 02:51 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Kash ,sounds like there is a glitch somewhere and there is a ghost in your TP that tries to get on the net .Except for a HR and comparing wi-fi registry I can not think of anything else. post your wifi registry in here and we'll compare them...
Old 12-24-2008, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Curve 8330
Threadstarter

Kash76 is keeping up the good workKash76 is keeping up the good work

nico4k, I've had other WM phones with Wi-Fi and never had this problem.

hbenz2008, I think you're right. It's hard reset time.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Strange issue... Generally WiFi doesn't turn on if a program is trying to access the internet, so it's probably one of those unrepairable glitches [well, they technically are repairable but the time it takes to go through every program to find which one is causing the issue is too much, so you just hard reset instead.]
Old 12-24-2008, 10:18 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

you could test nico's theory by going to the wifi settings and deleteing any AP's you have set up.. also could be wmwifirouter

also if your not using exchange/push you could set up a dummy account (127.0.0.1) and set it to manual sync

Last edited by shaggylive; 12-24-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:05 PM
mcw
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mcw is keeping up the good workmcw is keeping up the good work

This just started for me as well. I installed WMWiFiRouter yesterday and used it for the first time to setup a Wireless Access Point connection last night.

Now, ever since then, during a call, the WiFi turns on.. Very annoying.

Kash: Did you ever have WMWiFiRouter installed?
Old 12-25-2008, 12:07 AM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

wimowiforouter(weefee) has something to do with it, I recall when my home internet was down for almost a week, I used weefee and I noticed that everytime I powered the TP off and back on I will see the wifi icon at start up and then it disappear almost instantely...it seemed like somehow it became part of start up...sktool prolly will take care of it and kill it meaning eliminating it from start up..you may wanna check it out..my 2 cents
Old 12-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I have WmWiFiRouter installed, but MemMaid shows no startup item or startup service related to it.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:27 AM
DaFlowMaster

Sau, do u use WmWiFiRouter regurarely? try to launch it and then check start up, coz mine went away after I stop using it....just a thought..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro