PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

thefiverivers is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATE:Rainbow looking circle

Well, I thought the rainbow thing was only on my TP lol. This thread has been enlightening. I started getting the rainbow on my TP screen about a month ago, right in the middle of the screen. Only noticed it in certain light, and didnt care as my phone was still working and it didnt bother me unless I looked for it.

Then yesterday, I started noticing a small bubble in my screen on the top left which I had never seen before. As the start bar is located there, I press there frequently. Eventually I started to notice that it started to get larger, and now is a "black blob" that is in the top left of my screen. Once the blob appeared, my touchscreen became non-responsive. I soft reset and hard reset but to no avail. Just stuck on the "tap here to set up your phone" screen.

Called TEC, said it stopped working, they said they will be sending a refurb on Tuesday because I am still under warranty (bought TP in Jan 09). The guy said he had heard of a couple of TP's where the screen became unresponsive. He also said he owned one and hoped it didnt happen to him lol. As of now no charge to me, but knowing them they might try to say I caused the damage or that it has water even though it has never had any water on it.

Have dropped the phone on carpet, but like a 1 foot drop. As stated before, never had any water damage or been near water, no screen protector, and I took great care of it. Have no idea where this black blob came from, but it does look like oil/grease/water under the screen. Who knows.

Wonder if the rainbow and the blob are related, but regardless my concern is getting another phone that doesnt have this issue.

Last edited by thefiverivers; 06-21-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt

Awesome. I just got a refurb TP from Alltel and the entire screen looks like this... It is a pretty high resolution screen but, from looking at it, you would never know. Its as if somebody took the topmost peice of plastic and rubbed it on their greasy face and THEN applied the adhesive to stick it to the phone.
Phone history: Moto V265 (5), Moto V710 (4), Moto E815 (1), Moto Q (4), Treo 700wx (3), and XV6800 (5), Alltel Touch Pro (5), VZW Touch Pro 2 (2), HTC Incredible (3), HTC Thunderbolt (5), HTC Rezound (5), HTC DNA (4), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (3)
Old 10-21-2009, 03:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

yea it is pretty sad indeed and some of the TP2 users are also having some issues with the rainbow circle. That just gets me really upset
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro