PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

chuque is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Which Of These 3 Cases Is Best? Why?

I am a fan of the aluminum cases cause it has the clear plastic cover to protect the lcd screen (I keep my phone in my front pocket.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:48 PM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

BfA is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
I am waiting for the silicon rubber style (not the clip on) for the CDMA TP, right now there is none but for GSM version.

Someone make it please...
Can you post a link to the GSM case? I'm curious to see what they look like.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Claro Jamaica

trackhouse1 is a n00b

i would suggest any case that allows the phone to slide open without removing it
Old 12-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BfA View Post
Can you post a link to the GSM case? I'm curious to see what they look like.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-Touch-PRO-Ra...lenotsupported

Something like that.

Or just do a "HTC Touch Pro Silicon case" and you'll find a lot. Trust me, don't buy them even they say it works for the CDMA version. Some sellers have NO IDEA.

Waiting for someone to design one that will fit the CDMA version.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

From what I've heard, the Seidio cases are high quality and Seidio has excellent CS.

Don't get the sprint case, because MANY have reported that it scratches the chrome.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:37 PM
pro_b

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I have had the first one posted and my co-worker has the one from sedio which I have also ordered. Hands down sedio is better. The quality of the first one feels and look as cheap as the price. I'm speaking from having both in front of me on two TPs.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Lurker

muzz3256 is a n00b

I will testify for the quality and durability of the seidio cases. I had one on my mogul for over a year and that thing was tough as nails. I carried on my hip at work (firefighter) and it only fell out of the clip a few times and even then the phone was fine. I ordered a seidio case for the touch pro last Tuesday, just waiting for it to arrive. I bought the case from sprint and that was a horrible case, the tabs that hold the case to the phone were WAY WAY too thick and caused the phone to bind up when sliding it open and it wouldn't slide closed all the way with out a pretty good amount of force. The seidio clip also holds the phone screen in, and one of the main reasons I upgraded to the TP was for that screen. I just installed an Invisable Shield screen protector and am getting used to it (feels plasticy when scrolling with a finger), had to up the sensivity in the reg for a little better performance.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work

I'm going to testify AGAINST Seidio's quality, so buy at your own risk. I had the Seidio crystal case for my 6700 and the tabs broke off about month 7, and of course - there was only a 6 month warranty. There were a LOT of people with the same complaint, and others that had the rubberized surface start to peel. For the price they're charging - I hope they've completely fixed these two issues.

I and my friend have had other quality issues with Seidio batteries and docks. My friend's had a particularly expensive and ridiculous situation with 2 car docks for his treo.

My advice would be to save your money - $7 versus $30 is ridiculous. It'd be different if Seidio really had such high quality standards. But go to forums for other phones (that have already gone through daily wear) and search for Seidio feedback.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

randyp1234 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzz3256 View Post
I will testify for the quality and durability of the seidio cases. I had one on my mogul for over a year and that thing was tough as nails. I carried on my hip at work (firefighter) and it only fell out of the clip a few times and even then the phone was fine. I ordered a seidio case for the touch pro last Tuesday, just waiting for it to arrive. I bought the case from sprint and that was a horrible case, the tabs that hold the case to the phone were WAY WAY too thick and caused the phone to bind up when sliding it open and it wouldn't slide closed all the way with out a pretty good amount of force. The seidio clip also holds the phone screen in, and one of the main reasons I upgraded to the TP was for that screen. I just installed an Invisable Shield screen protector and am getting used to it (feels plasticy when scrolling with a finger), had to up the sensivity in the reg for a little better performance.
How's the case now that you've had it for a while? I'm one that got burned by the poor quality of these cases with my 6700 and am wondering if they're any better. How about access to all the buttons?

Thanks,

Randy
Old 01-05-2009, 09:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyp1234 View Post
How's the case now that you've had it for a while? I'm one that got burned by the poor quality of these cases with my 6700 and am wondering if they're any better. How about access to all the buttons?
I have a black rubberized Seidio hard case on my old Titan, it is almost a year old & looks/works like new although I'm careful with my phones.

I liked it so much I recently bought the same case for my TouchPro.

~John
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro