PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: ICE

pezx44 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Skype 2.5 On Sprint Touch Pro

Has anyone tried the newest Skype 2.5 Beta on their TP with Sprint? I noticed some people in their forums were having problems with using it over 3G and the release notes also said "Log into Skype from any WiFi zone to make free calls and send instant messages to anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world, any day of the week" in their release notes, conveniently leaving out 3G. I can't really test it myself because i only have 1x, but I use skype a lot when traveling and I'd like to upgrade since they state that they improved the sound. Thanks for any feedback.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul HTC 8600
Carrier: Sprint

3boos is keeping up the good work3boos is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to 3boos Send a message via Yahoo to 3boos
Re: Skype 2.5 On Sprint Touch Pro

I tried it on my Mogul, and it worked just fine with the wired headset (and also without if you don't mind that the voice comes from the speaker phone).
But I will look around (also would like to know) if there is any way to make it work with the bluetooth headsets!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I wished there was a front camera so we could use the camera like a webcam and type at the same time as on a computer...
Old 12-11-2008, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: ICE
Threadstarter

pezx44 is just getting started

Don't think you'll have much luck with the bluetooth. I've used skype on mobile for a while. I had bt headsets and I seem to recall my S9s working for both voice and sound, but I'm now convinced that I am remembering wrong. Sound definitely comes through on bt with past skype releases, but it uses the phone mic.

And just a little clarification, you're using it over EVDO, right? Anyone out there using it on the TP?
Old 12-11-2008, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor

I use it. It works OK on 3G. There's a little choppiness at times, if you're moving fast.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Ok I never used skype but wanna try this program. My question is should I download this from my phone or should I download from my pc with activesync?

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 12-11-2008, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

JickBahTech is keeping up the good workJickBahTech is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to JickBahTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
Ok I never used skype but wanna try this program. My question is should I download this from my phone or should I download from my pc with activesync?
No difference. I prefer downloading the .cab, that way I can keep them on my mem card in case of a crash.

2.5 beta has been working fine for me over EVDO. Does get choppy while driving around though.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:21 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Not a stain, it is you again!! lol, either way will work man. I make lots of overseas call with it and it is superb, works better than the mogul..... and can't beat free, I do not recall the last time I made a land line long distance call or used a calling card, that is retard I believe...
Old 12-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Talking Re: Skype 2.5 On Sprint Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
Not a stain, it is you again!! lol, either way will work man. I make lots of overseas call with it and it is superb, works better than the mogul..... and can't beat free, I do not recall the last time I made a land line long distance call or used a calling card, that is retard I believe...
Haha yep! Its me again! I'm not new to ppc stuff just a few apps I haven't used or tried I'm still trying to get the remote desktop working imma try again tonight I should be home at a decent hour. But back on topic if I download right from my phone I'm asking will I be able to make an account with skype or sign up right from the phone cause I never used this program before.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:01 PM
N00b

exterminator20 is just getting started

I always receive an error[missing files]after install......?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro