PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PRO& BACK UP DIAMOND!!!!
Carrier: SPRINT SPEEEED

lcbster is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to lcbster
Re: I'm thinking about getting rid of my Pro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
I got the TP a month ago from Bestbuy haven't really used it other than surfing the web and listening/watching music and videos. I have a family plan for Sprint and the 2nd line is expired since November 1. The only reason I got the TP was to keep the other line open so my parents can use the other cellphone line. Now I'm thinking about swapping out the 2nd cellphone with the 1st line then cancelling the 2nd line and selling/trading my TP for an Ipod Touch. Hopefully that's allowed by Sprint because I've been having daily dilemmas on whether or not to keep the TP or selling it that it's driving my nuts crazy lol.
Ill trade you for a ipod touch if interested pm me

Old 12-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo
Carrier: Sprint

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdaAddict View Post
i am thinking of selling it as well. i want to be able to watch movies and play music none of which tp can do very well. i just wish ipod touch had a bt so that i could tether
I wasnt aware there are different versions of the TP. I say this because mine works fine for music, movies and everything else. Well, the camera seems to be crappy at times but other then that... It sucks that your having issues.

And to op I can't condone buying any Apple product but thats just me. But you need to do whats best for you. Not sure why you created this thread, I never understand these....Anyway, yeah throw it on Ebay someone will buy it.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:47 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

dont have problems with mine I use it for tethering all the time and movie play is just fine.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
its not just me who is not happy with video playback on tp. there are threads about this
What do you find is wrong with it??

I wish the screen where a little bigger, but my video playback is virtually perfect. The resolution of the screen makes it look much better than an iphone in side by side comparisons playing the exact same source material.

~John
Old 12-11-2008, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: The everything you own plan by Sprint

vipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good work

I must say the TP is better then i thought it would be (coming from using a i870 motorola!) I wish i switched to a touchscreen phone before hand......the ability to use a sliding keyboard, watch movies, listen to music pretty much everywhere, have the WIFI capability....the list can go on and on on....I can understand that you probably want the quality and not the availability ( phone used as a media device vs having a cellphone and another media device with you)......don't get me wrong....i am not quite happy with the sprint version or VZW version that doesn't include the second VGA cam for video calls but you know whats nice? There are dedicated people here that can make all these nice features and much more available to us at no cost whatsoever ( Donations always help to the developers) and thats what imo makes this phone better every day for myself and i believe others as well. I hope this sorta gives you a different opinion for the phone its self.

TK

Old 12-11-2008, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steb0ne is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
its not just me who is not happy with video playback on tp. there are threads about this
I don't know what ur talking about, I watched 2 movies this week (well Max Payne and the De La Hoya fight, both Xvids) and they look damn near HD quality on my device. Far better than they look on the iphone using the same source.

Plus the fact that I can keep several micro SD to swap content, download media directly to the device (no need to use itunes, and it plays every media format I've run across), use several different players (coreplayer, s2p, etc), listen to music while surfing the web and doing other things

With that being said, I find it hard to believe that people would be considering not wanting to keep the device b/c of it's lack of music and video playback ability

My only wish, is that the screen was a little bigger. But, i guess that's what they made the Touch HD for (so, I bet there's a similar version for the US coming)
Old 12-11-2008, 10:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Toucj Pro

PdaAddict is a n00b

it's choppy. simply put, tp cannot handle a decent quality video. some say its a lack of drivers or subpar chipset. frankly, i am tired of the same old htc and wm crap. i have had wm devices since ipaq 3635 and none came close to be what they ahould be.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steb0ne is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
it's choppy. simply put, tp cannot handle a decent quality video. some say its a lack of drivers or subpar chipset. frankly, i am tired of the same old htc and wm crap. i have had wm devices since ipaq 3635 and none came close to be what they ahould be.
LoL, if you say so. No choppiness here tho. And I'm running the Stock sprint rom, using CorePlayer. I'm even watching youtube videos in Coreplayer as I'm typing this and that's not even choppy, IMO.

To say it doesn't handle decent quality video is not true, like I said the Xvids I have on here are HD quality and it plays them just fine.

Not really sure what ur expecting from a pocket pc, but if you find another device that performs better, please let us know.

This PPC has been by far the best I've owned in regards to performance
Old 12-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

I fully agree. Im sick of hearing people constantly complain about everything. Its just another group of wackos on HTC's nuts once again wasting their time ranting and raving to get zero result just like last time. Yes, last time there was a legit issue, but now its just the SOS (same old s**t) and its getting old that people cant be happy with what they have and all the improvements in technology we finally have on CDMA

Theres nothing wrong with video playback if you encode properly for VGA and use a decent playback program like tcpmp/coreplayer. i have perfectly smooth video playback of movies on coreplayer and great quality. Using the wrong encoding or WMPlayer is one's own fault not the device.

If people dont like it SELL them or RETURN them. Everyone had the same 30 days to test it out and get a full refund. Video playback wasnt hidden that one could not figure out and test in 30 days. People are simply WAY too hopped up on iphone crap and comparing everything to the iphone. Yes the iphone does great video and LITTLE ese. Go get one if yore that concerned about video, this is a business device not a media-centric first and business as a hindsight.

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 12-11-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch/ sprint
Carrier: sprint

rbrown13 is just getting started

I think the people that are having the most problems with TP are the ones who don't want to take a little time to make some minor tweaks and or download the nessescary programs to make the this awesome device a more personal thing for them. It's that old apple thing, tell me what to do with my device instead of telling my device what I want it to do and then making it do just that. I am on my third TP and for the most part the issues on the other two were cosmetic, this is my third WinMo device and I have to say it is a pleasure to use in every respect.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro