PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 12:33 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: HTC Touch Pro

Sprint PRO FTW

Old 12-06-2008, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JickBahTech is keeping up the good workJickBahTech is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to JickBahTech

Went from 6700 to Pro and LOVING IT.
Never played with the mogul so I can't comment on the keyboard, but the 5 row on the pro is the best thumb board I've EVER used (including palms and blackberrys).

I would definitely recommend playing with one before buying, but my experiences with the Sprint Pro have been very positive.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

Aniken is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to Aniken

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
Sprint PRO FTW

e'Nuff said.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

uberlinuxgeek is a n00b

I'll jump in as an Alltel owner and saw I love mine. I sold a 6800 for it. But like everyone battery stinks. I get 1-2 days so I use it as an alarm and plug in every night by my bed.
Does get warm charging but I expect some of that. Alltel is always the last to get a phone, I hope it is because of quality issues. At least I tell my self that
Old 12-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZN HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

acrjobim is a n00b

I have the Verizon version. This is my first time with a PPC phone (not ppc), and I have done a minimal amount of tweaking.

I should start by saying it is sluggish as all hell, to the point where yesterday I tried to look up the name of the airplane on Talespin, and some guy on an iphone checked wikipedia before opera even loaded (true story, I couldn't stop laughing).

Now, from time to time, the phone will work just fine. You get a glimpse of what the phone could and should be. For example, when you swipe your finger to move from the home menu to contacts or picture, it does so seamlessly. However, if you stop on the wrong menu, and you change your mind, the phone continues to load the page you halted on, to the point where trying to swipe your finger again to get to the right menu doesn't work. It only makes things worse. Then you finally get to the right menu, but the PPC is only catching up with all your frustrated hand movements, and it opens up your contacts list and dials the phone number for your ex-girlfriend that you should have removed a long time ago.

I'm probably going to wait until my 30 days are up and make my decision then. I can only liken my experience to working with Wine in linux. You can bust your *** to get it to do what you want it to do, but in the end, something always goes wrong.

I did ask a girl for her number a few nights ago, but said that I would have no idea how to enter it into my phone. She giggled and took my phone from my hands. She took one look at it, opened the keyboard, and handed it back. I still got a date. If anything, the whole "i have a new phone and it doesn't really work well as a phone" conversation seems to work pretty well.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbunting View Post

1) It heats up like a toaster
2) when it heats up, it stops charging
3) Battery depletes quicker than any ppc phone I have ever owned. I got about 30 minutes talk-time.
All true unfortunately. I have a sprint TP activated on vz & I will probably keep the thing, but I still have two xv6800's that are very highly tweaked out that I love.

I wish I could claim the "TP was better in every way" but it's not IMHO. I MUCH prefer the 6800 hardware KB, I hate the tiny keys on the TP although I use T-9 software KB's most of the time so that's no big deal to me. I REALLY REALLY miss all the dedicated hardware keys from the 6800.

I also like the size/shape of the 6800 but that's just because it fits in my hands better & I get a better grip on it.

I love the awesome memory of course & the screen is super (although I wish it where bigger) & those two things would be hard to give up if I went back to a 6800, but I will definitely keep one of the 6800's for backup & may even use it at times.

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 12-06-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrjobim View Post
For example, when you swipe your finger to move from the home menu to contacts or picture, it does so seamlessly. However, if you stop on the wrong menu, and you change your mind, the phone continues to load the page you halted on, to the point where trying to swipe your finger again to get to the right menu doesn't work. It only makes things worse. Then you finally get to the right menu, but the PPC is only catching up with all your frustrated hand movements, and it opens up your contacts list and dials the phone number for your ex-girlfriend that you should have removed a long time ago.

ROTFL, this is soo true........

That is why I disable TF3D quite often & use either Ultimate Launcher or Mobile Shell (I have both loaded)

~John
Old 12-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

It depends on what your expectations really are in a phone, but for me the touch pro is by far the best ppc I have ever owned and I wouldn't trade it for the world even with it minor issues. Again some people may have more issues than others but thats with any electronic device. TOUCH PRO FTW

Old 12-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
Lightbulb Re: HTC Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
My Sprint TP is the best phone I have ever owned.....much better than the Mogul....
I AGREE 100%.
The Mogul was decent, but had so many problems.
The Touch Pro is MUCH better!
It's NOT as delicate as some in this thread would have you believe and I've had no trouble with overheating thus far.
That said, you are with VZW, so I suggest you consider the Samsung...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro