PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

i700plus is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP Recalled!

This reminds me of that thread the other day about that guy who drilled wood screws into his touch pro and took it to sprint trying to get a refund...
Old 12-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by i700plus View Post
This reminds me of that thread the other day about that guy who drilled wood screws into his touch pro and took it to sprint trying to get a refund...
Do you have a link to that thread? I need something funny to read...

Unless it is a hardware problem, phone's are rarely recalled.. If it is a software issue, they will issue a ROM or Radio update.. There is no need to go through the expense and hassle of a recall if it can be fixed via an update.. I would go back to that store, ask for the manager, then ask for evidence that the device has been recalled.. If they can't show proof or say they can't show a customer an internal Sprint document, ask him for the number to the regional store and ask him for his Employee ID number and the store number... That will show them you mean business and can't be easily dissuaded by possibly false information...
Old 12-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

in b4 the lock.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cenatix is becoming a great contributor

I went into 3 local Sprint stores a couple days ago to buy a Touch Pro only to have the Sales reps tell me they are on backorder due to software issues. So I went to Best Buy to purchase one at $299. No mail-in rebates to mess around with.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

My Phone Is Going To Explode! We're All Going To Die! Damn Activesync! Damnnnn You To Hell!
Old 12-04-2008, 04:36 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Wow, you are all a bunch of ****s, heaven forbid people try to report something that was told to them. If you have a comment about how it cant be true thats fine but don't be a **** by insulting me. I only said what I was told, I never said I believed it. This was not a corporate store that told me. So I already know what they said was suspect.

My main concern was about getting mine reflashed fo the paint issue. I got mine from BB in Oct and the paint is flaky so I wanted to reflash without a issue.

This is suppose to be a forum for help and news, not for bashing users. You all should be ashamed.... grow up an be adults
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Diamond

hempy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
Wow, you are all a bunch of ****s, heaven forbid people try to report something that was told to them. If you have a comment about how it cant be true thats fine but don't be a **** by insulting me. I only said what I was told, I never said I believed it. This was not a corporate store that told me. So I already know what they said was suspect.

My main concern was about getting mine reflashed fo the paint issue. I got mine from BB in Oct and the paint is flaky so I wanted to reflash without a issue.

This is suppose to be a forum for help and news, not for bashing users. You all should be ashamed.... grow up an be adults
Lol... I can't find a single insult or instance of bashing in this thread, except for your post just now. You've gotta not take stuff personally... this is the internet, after all.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post

I was not bashing you Mabru... You are 100% right... In your first post you should state that your information could well be suspect.. Your thread title "TP Recalled" also indicates a serious issue may well be at hand.. This was not the case however.. Possibly be more prudent in your thread title and maybe input as much information as you have in your first post.. But that in no way excuses the bashing.. This is just my opinion however.. You were right in posting this information..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:01 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
I was not bashing you Mabru... You are 100% right... In your first post you should state that your information could well be suspect.. Your thread title "TP Recalled" also indicates a serious issue may well be at hand.. This was not the case however.. Possibly be more prudent in your thread title and maybe input as much information as you have in your first post.. But that in no way excuses the bashing.. This is just my opinion however.. You were right in posting this information..

I know you weren't, but a few were. Comparing me to somebody that put screws in their phone is uncalled for.. and actually not really funny because in no way are the two cases similar.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No ones bashing the threadstarter, just the sources. Everyone knows that sprint reps are FOS (full of ****), i was told the mogul was cancelled back in mid june this year... its still up and selling on there website ain't it?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro