PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Ranger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint ROM no TOUCHflo 3d!?

The speed is amazing. Apps open way faster. I used the 20931 Base Kitchen and built my own rom to my liking. I don't think ill ever go back to TF3D. The today screen makes it so much easier to get to the things i want w/o having to scroll around to find it.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger093 View Post
The speed is amazing. Apps open way faster. I used the 20931 Base Kitchen and built my own rom to my liking. I don't think ill ever go back to TF3D. The today screen makes it so much easier to get to the things i want w/o having to scroll around to find it.
That sort of makes sense since TP3D is simply a fancy interface on top of WM6. I have TP3D disabled and see the same thing. Apps open up very fast and everything zips along quite well. (in fact I have the same 20931 kitchen base)

Did you get a chance to do any tests on how fast Apps open versus simply disabling TP3D? That is really the question that most of us are curious about.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Ranger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I can I guess. Have no Clue how i would bench mark that though lol.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:22 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Here's a stock Sprint TP rom (untested - I have a Diamond) without Manila.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RZ2CPHXL
Old 01-31-2009, 12:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro WinMo 6.1

gameday22 is just getting started

I actually have a task manager from Win Mobile 2005 that still seems to work well on this phone. It shows in great detail the amount of RAM/ROM and the % of CPU in use by each item running on the phone. Some of the features don't do anything on this phone but the ones that show system usage etc work great. It is called Dotfred's Task Manager 3.1, it is a free application and the files can be found at:

http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm

I have noticed the Sprint HTC Touch Flo interface bounces the CPU usage all over the place depending on what it's doing.

I hope this helps out some, I just got my phone a couple weeks ago and so far it's been nice overall. There are a few annoying things about it, but that can be said for any device.

To me the Opera Internet Browser seems very sluggish, and even when you don't have the mobile versions option of the page checked on some sites it still pulls up the mobile page (especially annoying on eBay when trying to manage all your auction info), can't reply to pending questions.

The Touch Flo interface seems very nice to me, occasionally I see it slow down, but it's a vast improvement over a plain Win Mo phone. My phone before this one was a Mogul and it was also nice. The screen sensitivity on the Touch Pro does not seem as responsive to certain commands compared to my Mogul, I find myself double tapping a lot trying to get the screen to respond to the built in task manager and other Win Mobile applications below the surface of the Touch Flo UI.

Another problem I have been having is the volume down key tends to get stuck down from time to time, causing the volume to drop and the phone to go into silent mode.

I would really like to try one of the cooked ROM upgrades, but I have no clue which one is truly the best and most user friendly. My knowledge on doing this kind of stuff is limited at best, I can't afford to brick a $500+ phone.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Old 01-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro WinMo 6.1

gameday22 is just getting started

I also noted that there is a lack of screen rotation for many programs, on my Mogul it had the option to change the screen orientation, I don't see that available on the Touch Pro or I am totally missing where it's at.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work

TF3D is a nice, simple interface with some catchy innovations (contact and picture viewers on Today screen in paerticular) but it lacks a lot of the abilities that WM users have come to love, mostly the use of Today plug-ins, and it is somewhat buggy (random restarts #$%^& !).

I abandoned TF3D myself after several roms/custom builds, and built a non-TF3D rom, then spent some time developing a decent looking Ultimate Launch interface which has way more usability/functionality. The only thing I miss is the photo contact/picture viewers on the TF3D.

Anyone interested in my icons/graphics for UL feel free to pm me, however, I don't have the time to explain using UL, there are plenty of threads regarding that already.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HomeScreen.jpg (7.4 KB, 73 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ProgsScreen.jpg (8.6 KB, 61 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg GpsScreen.jpg (7.9 KB, 48 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg OfficeScreen.jpg (6.8 KB, 45 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg WPScreen.jpg (10.0 KB, 46 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Indie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger093 View Post
When the windows folder is bloated it slows down your device to hell. Windows mobile has a HORRIBLE file system and is not organized whatsoever. I hope they redo it in windows mobile 7
Um, who in the hell told you that? Slap them, because that's not true at all.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsall_cooool View Post
TF3D is a nice, simple interface with some catchy innovations (contact and picture viewers on Today screen in paerticular) but it lacks a lot of the abilities that WM users have come to love, mostly the use of Today plug-ins, and it is somewhat buggy (random restarts #$%^& !).

I abandoned TF3D myself after several roms/custom builds, and built a non-TF3D rom, then spent some time developing a decent looking Ultimate Launch interface which has way more usability/functionality. The only thing I miss is the photo contact/picture viewers on the TF3D.

Anyone interested in my icons/graphics for UL feel free to pm me, however, I don't have the time to explain using UL, there are plenty of threads regarding that already.
Can you share this theme? I'm trying to do something with UL on my phone, and I'd love to start with a VGA theme and work backwards to customize it (instead of the other way around- so many qvga themes, so few VGA!)

The weather panel isn't animated, right?
Old 03-18-2009, 12:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Actually now that I have had a chance to really play around with TF3D more I'll have to change my mind and agree with the OP.

TP3D is a resource hog and there are benefits to removing it completely than just simply disabling it.

There are custom ROMS that don't have TF3D but they are usually the "lite" versions that are stripped down.
Does anyone know if there are "loaded" custom ROMS without TF3D?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro