PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint 4G EVO
Carrier: Sprint only connects calls ppcgeeks for all else

micro254 is keeping up the good workmicro254 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to micro254
Re: Haptic feedback for TP

thanks bigdiesel love this program ........just picked this chick up on the train she was like whoa you phone vibrates when you touch the screen.... hopefully i'll get to touch her in a couple of days

Coz Boogie Militia
Special Ops--PPC Division

Old 12-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

hahaha... Happy to help Micro.. Spreading the love... Only the way a PPC Geeker can!
Old 12-01-2008, 11:56 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

see the thing is though, haptic feedback works when a command is registered. This touch vibrate program vibrates no matter where you click. On the instinct, if I clicked somewhere outside a button on a part of the window that had nothing, it wouldn't vibrate. Know what I mean?

We need something that vibrates when a link is pressed, a menu item is clicked, a button is clicked, or when you're scrolling (maybe I'm missing one.) Not when I touch outside an item in the settings window....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr g View Post
Been using this for a while, it's great. I use 22 ms. Once he adds white/blacklisting, it'll be perfect.
is that what I'm describing? If so then yeah it'll be perfect.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:01 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

In reference to the Dr... I believe so then yes chron...
Old 12-02-2008, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

r3ferrei is becoming a great contributor

Im really suprised this was not included with the device.

I gave it a shot. With the TP, it sort of feels unnatural. The vibration is felt on my index fingers at the back of the phone, as opposed to my thumb when im pressing it. Had the motor been located on the screen portion, it would be perfect for haptic feedback. As it is, it feels distant.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

lol... Distant? Sounds like what my ex-gf said... j/k... I didn't know the vibrate was located on the back of the device... Good heads up on that tidbit Ferrei!
Old 12-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
is that what I'm describing? If so then yeah it'll be perfect.
Not exactly, it would be program-by-program filtering. I don't think there is a real elegant way to do what you speak of; that would be something that needed to be coded into the software, I think. That's perhaps one of the benefits of closed systems with uniform software.

But the program works pretty darn well regardless, it took me a couple days to get used to, now I really appreciate it. It especially helps when clicking the upper right corner (X or task manager).
Old 12-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3ferrei View Post
Im really suprised this was not included with the device.

I gave it a shot. With the TP, it sort of feels unnatural. The vibration is felt on my index fingers at the back of the phone, as opposed to my thumb when im pressing it. Had the motor been located on the screen portion, it would be perfect for haptic feedback. As it is, it feels distant.
I don't think you're going to get that kind of shallow-to-screen vibration on a device with a keyboard. Try lowering the duration, that kind of delocalizes the buzz.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:18 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

working for me so far.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

If you have a nice short setting, the vibration feels MUCH less intense. Actually it's just like Teeter.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro