PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

niteriderxp is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VZW TP Screen Protector

Hey,

So I am getting a Verizon Touch Pro shipped to me.

I usually use my phone without a stylus, instead I use either my finger or my nail. Without a screen protector my screen is going to get scratched up quick.

Has anyone seen any screen protectors that will fit Verizon's version of the Touch Pro. I know that Boxwave sells a screen protector for Sprint's Touch Pro and Nushield sells one for AT&T Fuze. However, the other two phones have rounded edges while this one has a square shape.

I am considering butchering my xv6900 screen protector that I got from Boxwave to fit the VTP. Any ideas on what tools will make a clean cut?

EDIT: I have attached pictures of the VZW TP overlayed with the AT&T Fuze and the Sprint TP. Seems like the AT&T will be the closest match.

Thanks,
Nite Rider
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VTP-AF.jpg (70.1 KB, 43 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg VTP-STP.jpg (69.8 KB, 40 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by niteriderxp; 11-27-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: VZW TP Screen Protector

A straight razor will do a nice and clean cut.. But be warned you will probably destroy your 6900 screen..
Old 11-27-2008, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
But be warned you will probably destroy your 6900 screen..
clap.........clap.........clap.........
Old 11-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Talking Re: VZW TP Screen Protector

Hey now!
Old 11-27-2008, 11:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I just removed the Zagg Invisible Shield from the screen of my Sprint TP. I absolutely hated that setup although it worked very well on the back & sides.

The screen looked awful with the IS on it (one thing it's definitely NOT is invisible). Besides looking like crap, it gave the screen a very sticky/tacky feeling that does not work well at all in TF3D.

I left the IS on the sides & back of the device & then used a Brando UltraClear Protector Plus on the touch screen. The Brando setup is awesome (I used them all the time on my Titan;s), it really IS INVISIBLE & your finger will slide around the screen the same as it does on an unprotected screen.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

John,

Brando does not produce a screen protector for the VZW Touch Pro.
If you look at the overlays of the AT&T FUZE and Sprint Touch Pro over the VZW Touch Pro you will notice that they are all off.
Mostly the ear piece is not aligned properly and/or the edges are off.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I may have found a temporary solution...

If you compare the dimensions of the GSM Touch Diamond and compare it to the VZW Touch, they are very close to each other. The only issue is that the GSM Touch Diamond has a camera lens on the front, which means most screen protectors will have a hole cut out there.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteriderxp View Post
I may have found a temporary solution...

If you compare the dimensions of the GSM Touch Diamond and compare it to the VZW Touch, they are very close to each other. The only issue is that the GSM Touch Diamond has a camera lens on the front, which means most screen protectors will have a hole cut out there.
I was just going to say that...

The TD is the same shape as the VZW TP. Your main differences are going to be on the side.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro