PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

knives of ice is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP - phone will not ring or vibrate

really stumped with this problem that just started out of the blue, i haven't loaded or used any new programs in weeks. thanksgiving day i turned my phone on vibrate which i rarely use. now after turning the ringer back on the phone will not ring or vibrate when i receive calls. the phone lights up but thats it. the volume is turned up the whole way. any ideas on what to try? i know i could hard reset but i really don't want to do that unless its absolutely necessary.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:36 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: HELP - phone will not ring or vibrate

i would first check all my settings, if that dont fix, pull the battery. (turn phone off first) leave it out for a couple of min. then put it back in.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i would first check all my settings, if that dont fix, pull the battery. (turn phone off first) leave it out for a couple of min. then put it back in.
yep, did all of that unfortunately...soft reset, battery, etc.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:41 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post
yep, did all of that unfortunately...soft reset, battery, etc.
hmmmmmm, let me look around. found this site to ask questions if no help here. just a thought. http://www.fixya.com/support/p941118...pro_smartphone

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 11-29-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:50 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

if u have advanced config installed (or it may be in diamond tweak) set it through there

Old 11-29-2008, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
if u have advanced config installed (or it may be in diamond tweak) set it through there
when you say advanced config do you mean diamond tweak? if not can you link me to advanced config, and what exactly am i setting there the ringer i'd assume? thanks

Last edited by knives of ice; 11-29-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:54 PM
The Hibster

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community

you know the vibrate and ring ring vibrate then ring. set it to vibrate and ring and see if that works
Old 11-29-2008, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
you know the vibrate and ring ring vibrate then ring. set it to vibrate and ring and see if that works
thanks for the idea. after you mentioning an advanced config i went into diamond tweaks and there were many more ringer options, changing some of those and soft resetting got me fixed. thanks for the help.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:14 PM
The Hibster

just be sure to hit thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro